Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Password managers

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
What password manager do you guys use? And is it something that you like to use on all your devices?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I think using one is lazy.
I have random unique passwords for the non-important sites like forums so it would be near impossible to remember them all. I would say it's probably better to use a password manager than use the same password for all sites you're on.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
I have random unique passwords for the non-important sites like forums so it would be near impossible to remember them all. I would say it's probably better to use a password manager than use the same password for all sites you're on.
I mean, there’s other ways to have your passwords down and encrypted.

That and I don’t see anything wrong with reusing passwords for something like a forum. There’s no PII or financial information at stake here.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I mean, there’s other ways to have your passwords down and encrypted.

That and I don’t see anything wrong with reusing passwords for something like a forum. There’s no PII or financial information at stake here.
Yeah but it's easier to manage if something does go wrong with a particular forum. Now if a particular password gets leaked, I don't have to worry about changing it on other forums that I use

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah but it's easier to manage if something does go wrong with a particular forum. Now if a particular password gets leaked, I don't have to worry about changing it on other forums that I use
The leak should only be an issue if you use that same email and password for something actually important. The security on a forum is pretty poor, so your password isn’t stopping anything.

The reason why you don’t hear about forum hacking often, is that there isn’t much of any gain to it. They’re trying to steal PII or financial information, which you’re not going to find on the vast majority of forums. Even then, they’re not after your user login credentials. They’re getting into the database for other information.

So having a string of different passwords for different forums isn’t that advantageous, and just gives you a false sense of security for no actual benefit.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I don't use password managers, I just end up saving my passwords in my browser or I save it to a document on my computer. I've thought about maybe writing my passwords down on notebook paper, but knowing me I would lose it and that just seems old fashion to me. :V