Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Phone Brands You Recommend

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,062
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I like Samsung and Xiaomi products, would recommend either.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Xiaomi have a great price/features balance, you get a lot for your money.

Personally I love Sony phones and have used them for years and years, well first Sony, then Sony-Ericsson when that was a thing, and then plain old Sony again. Great for photos, good cameras and software in my opinion.

Last edited:

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
I'd say Samsung or One Plus for android. I would've recommended HTC's "One" lineup if they were still around but sadly they no longer produce phones.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Are those brands pretty good for playing music? I use my phone more for music than anything else lol.
I'd imagine any modern mid-range up phone has pretty good audio capabilities. Surely the thing that makes the difference there is the speakers or headphones that you are using.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
i had Sony/Samsung/Xiaomi, and all of them had their pros/cons.

Sony has the best RAM and CPU, but the prize is not that great, so it might be a better chance to get the Samsung instead.

Xiaomi is pretty cheap but also has limits talking about camera and sound systems, honestly an old Samsung S7 takes better pictures and records better videos.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
For me, it's between Samsung and Apple, to be honest. There are a few other brands that are good but none are as good as the big two. Samsung is probably the more affordable out of the two considering how many promotions and offers they have even on the new releases.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Samsung is probably the more affordable out of the two considering how many promotions and offers they have even on the new releases.

I think that depends on where you are maybe. Where I live I could get an iPhone 13 for about £100 less than a Samsung S22 right now.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I think that depends on where you are maybe. Where I live I could get an iPhone 13 for about £100 less than a Samsung S22 right now.
I always count their trade-in offers so I guess that's why I always assume the Galaxy smartphones are cheap. They have a pretty good recycling programme as well and you don't even have to buy another Samsung to use it which is nice.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Removing the bloatware installed should solve that issue, right?
China usually hides it deep in the OS, so unless you can reverse engineer Android, you’re fucked. Their switches and firewalls are pretty bad at this stuff.

Also something I found on Google:

Lol

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Of course if you are not loving Android or ios then there are always mobile linux or Sailfish (if you are feeling brae)

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
China usually hides it deep in the OS, so unless you can reverse engineer Android, you’re fucked. Their switches and firewalls are pretty bad at this stuff.

Also something I found on Google:

Lol

Yesh, guessing a root wouldn't make a difference either.