Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Phone Brands You Recommend

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe it’s just my cybersecurity instinct job instinct, but idk if I’d trust a Chinese phone for privacy. Though I guess you can’t say much when Google isn’t that great at it either…
To be honest this isn't something I think I can get too worried about, I don't really trust Google or Apple when it comes to privacy much either, and I don't think that I am doing anything interesting or secretive enough with my phone to be overly concerned about it.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
To be honest this isn't something I think I can get too worried about, I don't really trust Google or Apple when it comes to privacy much either, and I don't think that I am doing anything interesting or secretive enough with my phone to be overly concerned about it.
It's a personal choice. I'm pretty anal about it at work (for obvious reasons), but I don't do a lot of that stuff at home. I'm just spreading education.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Umm confusing me with another? I can go out tomorrow, buy a new phone, PS5 and whatever else no problem.
Oh no, it’s definitely you. You bring it up more often than you think you do.

This is super blunt, but I can’t tell if you’re bad with your finances, or just use it as a convenient excuse. You’re free to clarify.

Like Froggyboy will post a thread on tech stuff, and you comment “I can’t afford that” and then post a thread about buying something that was either the same price or more expensive.

That’s just one example, but you mention your finances quite a bit.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Oh no, it’s definitely you. You bring it up more often than you think you do.

This is super blunt, but I can’t tell if you’re bad with your finances, or just use it as a convenient excuse. You’re free to clarify.

Like Froggyboy will post a thread on tech stuff, and you comment “I can’t afford that” and then post a thread about buying something that was either the same price or more expensive.

That’s just one example, but you mention your finances quite a bit.

There is a difference of affording things that are needed and things for luxury. Plus Froggyboy posts all those Unbox Therapy videos, stuff that guy gets is costly into the thousands, who can afford all that?

And fyi, I could pay off half of my school debt right now from my savings if that matters anything to you :)

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
There is a difference of affording things that are needed and things for luxury. Plus Froggyboy posts all those Unbox Therapy videos, stuff that guy gets is costly into the thousands, who can afford all that?

And fyi, I could pay off half of my school debt right now from my savings if that matters anything to you :)
You should donate some of that to a charity.

F1FTH3L3M3NT

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,988
Winbux
$0.00
I would recommend Samsung, I have gotten Samsung phones for as long as I can remember and I love using Samsung phones.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I would recommend Samsung, I have gotten Samsung phones for as long as I can remember and I love using Samsung phones.
Samsung was great until they started removing stuff and just wanted to copy whatever Apple was doing. The lack of SD cards, glass backs etc. is not good enough for the prices they charge, to be honest.

F1FTH3L3M3NT

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,988
Winbux
$0.00
Samsung was great until they started removing stuff and just wanted to copy whatever Apple was doing. The lack of SD cards, glass backs etc. is not good enough for the prices they charge, to be honest.
I agree they just try to copy what Apple does. I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of SD card, but yeah they lack phones with a glass as the phone I have has a plastic back.