Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Public Bathrooms

Speaks

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
Should we no long have “Men’s” and “Women’s” bathrooms but instead have “Male” and “Female “ ? I’m having a debate on another board about this but I feel the point is being missed. It’s a hot button issue I know. And I have NO hate towards someone who is trans btw. However should there be bathrooms designated for just what’s between your legs simple as that and have a mutual respect for biology? The argument is over feeling safe but does one person feeling safe over everyone else feeling safe fair? I know people might not like the idea of bathrooms that match biology but would it be something to at least give some thought to? For the record I DONT hate trans people AT ALL and you have the right to exist.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,403
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I'm surprised new icons haven't popped up with the actual body parts listed on the doors?

I'm uncomfortable in public bathrooms as it is. I like to go in when NO ONE else is there. My preference would be to have mini private bathrooms, but that isn't economical. At a local attraction, they have that and I absolutely love it!!!

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
I'm uncomfortable in public bathrooms as it is. I like to go in when NO ONE else is there. My preference would be to have mini private bathrooms, but that isn't economical. At a local attraction, they have that and I absolutely love it!!!
Sometimes they get so crowded that I get nervous. Not a fan of huge groups of people in the clamoring around in restrooms. No wonder why we got Covid so bad. Public restrooms are part of the problem.

Speaks

Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
Sometimes they get so crowded that I get nervous. Not a fan of huge groups of people in the clamoring around in restrooms. No wonder why we got Covid so bad. Public restrooms are part of the problem.
Good idea. Why not have a separate small room instead of one room with a bunch of stalls?

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
Good idea. Why not have a separate small room instead of one room with a bunch of stalls?
The problem for those business' is that sandbox bathrooms with multiple stalls are cheaper. Even if we had separate small bathrooms, a lot of places neglect to clean them after heavy use.

Speaks

Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
The problem for those business' is that sandbox bathrooms with multiple stalls are cheaper.
I knew someone was going to mention cost yes it’s more expensive but it solves social issues and safety concerns a little bit. But there would need to be a call button or something like that. As far as them being neglected a lot of public washrooms already are. Don’t see how it would be much different.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I'm trans, and no, I would not prefer to have a "what's between your legs" bathroom. It's dismissive of who I am as a person to focus on that and that alone. As it is I avoid public restrooms because I don't want to make others uncomfortable. Reducing us down to our body parts is degrading, we need to perform a certain biological function, nothing more.

Speaks

Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
I'm trans, and no, I would not prefer to have a "what's between your legs" bathroom. It's dismissive of who I am as a person to focus on that and that alone. As it is I avoid public restrooms because I don't want to make others uncomfortable. Reducing us down to our body parts is degrading, we need to perform a certain biological function, nothing more.
What would be a solution then? What would be best for everyone? Seems having semi private stalls might be the way to go for everyone. I thought about it. A woman can assault another woman… so I’m leaning towards semi private stalls as a solution

Last edited:

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
What would be a solution then? What would be best for everyone? Seems having semi private stalls might be the way to go for everyone. I thought about it. A woman can assault another woman… so I’m leaning towards semi private stalls as a solution
Edit -- Ignore me, I've gone way off point. Sorry.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Just so you know I have no issue with someone being trans I genuinely want there to be a solution.
Oh I'm not suggestion you do. There are a lot of people who do, and those are the ones who have made topics like this one an issue in the first place. Trans people have been using the restroom of their true gender for decades with no issues, but because those who don't even have a proverbial dog in the fight have decided trans people are "the issue" of the moment, now it's a big deal.

Speaks

Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
Oh I'm not suggestion you do. There are a lot of people who do, and those are the ones who have made topics like this one an issue in the first place. Trans people have been using the restroom of their true gender for decades with no issues, but because those who don't even have a proverbial dog in the fight have decided trans people are "the issue" of the moment, now it's a big deal.
The political climate has become so polarized that if you try to have a discussion or debate with the wrong person you get written off as a horrible no good very bad person. On both sides. I took some time last night to reflect. Maybe bathrooms shouldn’t be an issue. What is an issue however is changing rooms I don’t want to be naked around other women in the first place and as someone who was assaulted in the past I feel uncomfortable being vulnerable in front of a stranger in a public space and would be uncomfortable. So maybe private stalls and changing areas might be what’s needed in the best interest of everyone. So when I wrote this my thought was for us to go back to biology.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
The political climate has become so polarized that if you try to have a discussion or debate with the wrong person you get written off as a horrible no good very bad person. On both sides.
That's true, though I always view things from the subject matter perspective, not the person saying it. I have debates with people who absolutely loathe trans people, and I'm fine with them feeling that way because they more than likely have never actually met or interacted with one, so their views are built on their own lack of understanding. If they maintain their views, that's perfectly fine, we're all entitled to our opinions.
I took some time last night to reflect. Maybe bathrooms shouldn’t be an issue. What is an issue however is changing rooms I don’t want to be naked around other women in the first place and as someone who was assaulted in the past I feel uncomfortable being vulnerable in front of a stranger in a public space and would be uncomfortable. So maybe private stalls and changing areas might be what’s needed in the best interest of everyone.
I would agree with that, the idea that people should be nude around one another to get changed in a mass area, irrespective of gender, is a situation that needs to fixed. Private stalls would be great, I don't go in changing rooms, locker rooms or public bathrooms because I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable and I also feel very uncomfortable in those kinds of environments. That's not a trans issue at all, that's a common decency issue.
So when I wrote this my thought was for us to go back to biology.
I understand the thought process, but that is so dehumanizing to trans people. We're far more than what's between our legs, and for that to even be a consideration when, for the vast majority of us, it's a reminder and a constant source of torment, is incredibly dehumanizing. Trans people aren't looking to assault people in the bathroom, in fact outside of a few scumbag men using the "oh I said I'm a woman so now I am one" defense and doing that, there hasn't been an instance of a trans woman assaulting someone in a bathroom. There have, however, been numerous brutal assaults ON trans women in public bathrooms, changing rooms and locker rooms. Driven by ignorance and those who swear up and down that all trans women are just looking to assault. It just isn't supported by any facts whatsoever.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,403
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
One thing that just occurred to me is that there are many people who are really bashful (like me), and it's why private bathrooms make sense. I have a couple of friends who are not bashful at all and don't understand my reasoning, so they think I'm just ignorant. But I'm very sensitive about certain things and wish to have my privacy.

Speaks

Reaction score
Hubux
$13
Winbux
$0.00
One thing that just occurred to me is that there are many people who are really bashful (like me), and it's why private bathrooms make sense. I have a couple of friends who are not bashful at all and don't understand my reasoning, so they think I'm just ignorant. But I'm very sensitive about certain things and wish to have my privacy.
I’m the same way I only use them if it’s an emergency and I can’t hold it, making the stalls private seems to be an idea. There would just need to be a help button like hospitals have if needed.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
Before I begin, I will say that people know me. I can accept the person even if I don't accept what they do or believe.
The thing with the Inclusive movement is it EXCLUDES people. Not every Body will be happy.
I do believe in us as Human BEings first. However, we need a line. Men are men. Women are women. I do not care for men who "feel" they are a woman for that day going into the bathroom where young girls are. For those who feel unnerved by that & say Most are not like that. Agreed. However. It just takes one. If I see a male go into a woman's bathroom, I will ASSUME he is going to hurt a female. Don't give me, He has rights. The GIRLS have rights too. & they should feel safe in their OWN bathroom. By the time kids are 18, 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys would be the victims of sexual abuse. That number should not be increased hiding behind movements.
NOBODY has more rights than others. Period.
If I'm wrong about the person, I will humbly apologize. BUT if I'm right...
A real Human BEing (Note I'm not saying any gender or sex) with a heart, would take a step back & think of others as well.
A compromise. We have Men. We have Women. We have (whatever name, term, people feel comfortable with) for those who are in between. Have then THREE types of bathrooms.
For those uncomfortable to use the bathrooms. One, I don't sit on the toilets. Two, I literally have my own "pee cup" in our vehicles.
To make individual bathrooms instead of stalls would take a lot of extra money. Companies wouldn't go for that.