Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Race?

Shole

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,642
Winbux
$0.00
Well the debate about race I think is the most useless one that has ever come to the population of humans. The color of the skin is the least important thing in my mind, culture, the part of the country where you grew up will show how you act, black, white, asian, any color will act the way they were raised. So why do we put so much on what color a person is nowadays?
Or is that just the media overflowing things again?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
It’s the easiest thing to fall back on, because it’s visual. It doesn’t take much effort to explain it to someone when they look different.

Race relations in America aren’t great, but the media trying to fear monger and push a feeling of victimhood isn’t helping either.

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
"Race" and "race relations" is such an obsolete thinking, it amazes me that it's still a thing in the US. There are just one human race, but many ethnicities and different cultures. With that said, racism is a very real thing around the world and shouldn't be downplayed or blamed on "the media" or whatnot.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
"Race" and "race relations" is such an obsolete thinking, it amazes me that it's still a thing in the US. There are just one human race, but many ethnicities and different cultures. With that said, racism is a very real thing around the world and shouldn't be downplayed or blamed on "the media" or whatnot.
It's still a thing everywhere. What country isn't this in? Anyway, yes, the media is pushing stuff in the U.S.. However, though, it's not like people haven't quit being overly-racist, no matter what race we are talking about. Some people are overly-racist and others are overly sensitive and some have a chip on the shoulder.

Last edited:

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Race in the US is tied to politics. For instance, on another forum people were wondering why Republicans want states rights in regards to interracial marriage, it's because they want less Democrats. The same thing is true in regards to illegal immigration. Of course, now with employee shortages, that's a joke.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Personally I'm glad that so much attention is put into racial equality. Whether you believe it or not if you aren't the white person in a group folks are going to look at you like your less important before getting to know you. This is the case particularly for older people in my opinion. Discrimination is real and awareness is key to making a change.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Personally I'm glad that so much attention is put into racial equality. Whether you believe it or not if you aren't the white person in a group folks are going to look at you like your less important before getting to know you. This is the case particularly for older people in my opinion. Discrimination is real and awareness is key to making a change.
I have mixed feelings on how people are going about it. I’ve seen a lot of situations where they take it too far, or they try so hard to not be racist that it ends up becoming racist.

Also as an Asian, we tend to be forgotten about in these discussions, until someone wears a kimono or Qi Pao, and now people remember we exist.

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
It's a sad fact that whilst the race of a person doesn't matter in terms of how they should be treated, many people still hold a lot of value in someones race and how it defines them.