Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Sex outside of marriage is illegal in the UK as of now - thanks to pandemic.

Welcome! You have been invited by Grungie to join our community. Please click here to register.

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,125
Winbux
$1.00
That law will not stand at all. That will just anger the public or the public will ignore it and go on about their lives as normal. That's a ridiculous law. Who has sex while they feel sick anyways?

D

Deleted Member

That law will not stand at all. That will just anger the public or the public will ignore it and go on about their lives as normal. That's a ridiculous law. Who has sex while they feel sick anyways?
That is my thinking too. The oldest profession as it is called will take a beating and they will be deprived of their daily bread. I have yet to come across reactions from the general public on this issue.

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
And who among the smart politicians who enacted this rule thinks of prostitutes working in cars? Prostitutes are honest women who do their job. Also what will their clients do now? Will they bring them into their own homes or look for motels? Sometimes there are no motels nearby which means everyone has to changeplace which will again jeopardize the motels.

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
It seems unlikely the bill targeted sex specifically, more so just two people going into the same house who don't live together. Although I doubt such a law is enforceable or will stand. On an interesting note, incest rates could rise if people comply with this law to the letter

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
The fact remains that premarital sex is wrong . sex was meant for procreation and not for fun .
I believe the law was to help guide the youths towards the right part , In order to avoid high rate of abortion and baby outside wedlock .

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
It seems unlikely the bill targeted sex specifically, more so just two people going into the same house who don't live together. Although I doubt such a law is enforceable or will stand. On an interesting note, incest rates could rise if people comply with this law to the letter
That is disgustingly true. I hate how disgustingly true that is, too. Eww...

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
The fact remains that premarital sex is wrong . sex was meant for procreation and not for fun .
I believe the law was to help guide the youths towards the right part , In order to avoid high rate of abortion and baby outside wedlock .

Utter nonsense. Marriage predates the bible and is simply a union of two people in love for most cases.

Sex is not just for procreation. If you hold that view you are condemning same sex couples, infertile couples and couples past the menopause to a life without sex.

We are not the only species that has sex for enjoyment. Bonobos do it and there's evidence of dolphins doing it. Plus a few other species.

Far to many people get married because of pregnancy outside of wedlock or children in general (including the god fearing ones) and they often don't last long. Marriage should be about love (as it was originally). Not children.

Oh and abortion rates are high regardless of marital status because children are expensive, a health hazard, a burden in general and environmentally unsound. Not to mention rape and medical issues of the future child.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Will the new law in the UK restricting sex outside of marriage affect prostitution which was legal before the pandemic? You have more details here on the subject:

I remember when this law came out. I thought that that's me buggered. My partner and I live on opposites side of my country. Haven't seen them since early February thanks to covid.

They'd never be able to enforce the law though so it seems a bit pointless bringing it through. They gonna get the police to be voyeurs?

P. S. The title is incorrect. It's sex with a member of a different household that was banned. Not outside of marriage. Many couples live together but aren't married.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
Utter nonsense. Marriage predates the bible and is simply a union of two people in love for most cases.

Sex is not just for procreation. If you hold that view you are condemning same sex couples, infertile couples and couples past the menopause to a life without sex.

We are not the only species that has sex for enjoyment. Bonobos do it and there's evidence of dolphins doing it. Plus a few other species.

Far to many people get married because of pregnancy outside of wedlock or children in general (including the god fearing ones) and they often don't last long. Marriage should be about love (as it was originally). Not children.

Oh and abortion rates are high regardless of marital status because children are expensive, a health hazard, a burden in general and environmentally unsound. Not to mention rape and medical issues of the future child.
I guess you should first of all respect people's opinion .
You have your view about things and so do I.
Never call another fellow opinion nonsense , as you won't want that for yours .

Sex is only to be enjoyed by married people ALONE . it is not for youths .
Same sex marriage is a sin against God and against nature .

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I guess you should first of all respect people's opinion .
You have your view about things and so do I.
Never call another fellow opinion nonsense , as you won't want that for yours .

Sex is only to be enjoyed by married people ALONE . it is not for youths .
Same sex marriage is a sin against God and against nature .

I call it nonsense because that is what it is. Especially when I doubt you follow your god to the letter. If it was against nature why do animals not have marriage? If it was against nature why did marriage not occur as soon as humans evolved?

I don't respect the opinions of people who think I'm a bad person for doing something that harms nobody. I certainly don't respect the opinions of people who rely on a fictional character to tell them what's moral or not.

God doesn't exist. This is proven by science, history and the multiple religions out there.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Seems like they would have a hard time enforcing it to me, plus who would want to rule over a trial like that?
Would be interesting to sit in on that trial.

"I peeped through the window, your honour, and they were at it like rabbits they were!"

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I'm imagining they would have a hard time proving someone was guilty in a court of law. Who would know if you have sex? It's private, even if you are breaking the law. Although, the government hasn't brought in this legislation for a laugh, it's there for a reason. It's to stop the spread and transmission of COVID-19.

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
But this is a natural and moral thing to do. We don't have to go for sex outside marriage. it is good to abstain for your own good.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I wonder how they enforce this law. In a personal relationship, how can others find out if the partners have sex in private.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
In the eyes of God and people, it is not acceptable to copulate with other people despite being married.
Aside from ones religious beliefs, it's never good to cheat anyway. It just causes problems and trust issues. Best not to do it at all.