Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Should Vaccines be Mandatory?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
If it's common and easily preventable, I don't see why not.

I'd also like to see an opinion from an actual doctor on why we shouldn't, as most of the opposition is put forward from people who are usually conspiracy theorist types with zero credibiliity on medicine.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
If it's common and easily preventable, I don't see why not.

I'd also like to see an opinion from an actual doctor on why we shouldn't, as most of the opposition is put forward from people who are usually conspiracy theorist types with zero credibiliity on medicine.

Allergies are usually a reason a doctor will advise a patient to not receive a vaccine. Mine told me to not get the flu vaccine last year since we didn't know what exactly was in it and I have a severe PEG allergy (after receiving the covid vaccine). I carry an epi pen around now.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Allergies are usually a reason a doctor will advise a patient to not receive a vaccine. Mine told me to not get the flu vaccine last year since we didn't know what exactly was in it and I have a severe PEG allergy (after receiving the covid vaccine). I carry an epi pen around now.
That makes sense if you have a specific allergy. Or some other outlying medical condition, which varies from person to person.

Outside of religious reasons, most of the opposition I see is from people who get their information from some sketchy site, and they push some goofy fear mongering stuff.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I think that anyone who can, should get vaccinated. It's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$868
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
This was certainly a major topic during COVID. Lots of employees telling employees that they wouldn’t be permitted to work otherwise. All that seemed to disappear eventually.

It’s hard to say what the right answer. There’s precedence. I mean, we have to get different things done to be able to start school. To be able to attend college. You can definitely see both sides of the argument.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
This was certainly a major topic during COVID. Lots of employees telling employees that they wouldn’t be permitted to work otherwise. All that seemed to disappear eventually.

It’s hard to say what the right answer. There’s precedence. I mean, we have to get different things done to be able to start school. To be able to attend college. You can definitely see both sides of the argument.
The difference about requirements to start schools is that you can always give a doctor's note or a religious reason to opt out, but during Covid, companies found that to be unacceptable. That's a problem for those who don't want to be pressured to risk their health or their values if it goes against their religions. Being "forced" was the problem.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I think people lost that attitude because it's hard to find good help and those hard working people sometimes turn out to be anti vaxx. I know the finance manager over where I work has a huge work load and he's really anti vaxx. It was discussed on whether we should penalize people for it but it was ultimately decided against for the reason that it would hurt the business more than it would help.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I think people lost that attitude because it's hard to find good help and those hard working people sometimes turn out to be anti vaxx. I know the finance manager over where I work has a huge work load and he's really anti vaxx. It was discussed on whether we should penalize people for it but it was ultimately decided against for the reason that it would hurt the business more than it would help.

Is he totally anti vaxx or just covid vaxx?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
He's under the belief that vaccines don't work. He claims you get sick anyway. He doesn't realize that's not how it works lol.

In a sense he's correct. Vaccines don't entirely prevent illnesses, despite the advertising claims that you won't get such and such if you receive the vaccine. They are designed to help the body fight off infections and lessen the symptoms, but as we see with the Covid vaccine, many people who got the vaccine are getting covid numerous times.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
It was not mandated in my country before. However, the local government encourages the locals to have them. Eventually, the ex-president changed the voluntary to mandating the people have the vaccines.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
In a sense he's correct. Vaccines don't entirely prevent illnesses, despite the advertising claims that you won't get such and such if you receive the vaccine. They are designed to help the body fight off infections and lessen the symptoms,
Sure, but he's under the belief that vaccines are supposed to make you bullet proof to the disease. That's where I disagree with his argument, a vaccine is just supposed to keep it from killing you and help you get over it faster when you do get a break through infection.
but as we see with the Covid vaccine, many people who got the vaccine are getting covid numerous times.
It's the same with flu. Covid and flu mutate constantly and a vaccine is only made with several strands to combat the strains that are the most common. I get a flu shot every year. I know this won't keep me from getting sick with the flu, but I'd rather have some form of immune resistance and get over the flu faster than have it dragging out for longer than I would want.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Sure, but he's under the belief that vaccines are supposed to make you bullet proof to the disease. That's where I disagree with his argument, a vaccine is just supposed to keep it from killing you and help you get over it faster when you do get a break through infection.

It's the same with flu. Covid and flu mutate constantly and a vaccine is only made with several strands to combat the strains that are the most common. I get a flu shot every year. I know this won't keep me from getting sick with the flu, but I'd rather have some form of immune resistance and get over the flu faster than have it dragging out for longer than I would want.

It's because of the way that vaccines were presented to us back in the 70s, 80s, etc. The claim was that you WOULDN'T get the illness!! They pretty much promised that.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
It's because of the way that vaccines were presented to us back in the 70s, 80s, etc. The claim was that you WOULDN'T get the illness!! They pretty much promised that.
I thought that only applied to vaccines such as Polio and Small Pox?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I thought that only applied to vaccines such as Polio and Small Pox?

Every single vaccine commercial from those past decades insisted that we wouldn't get that disease if we got vaxx'd. It was only after the Covid vaccine that the concept changed, or the advertising changed to say that it didn't prevent disease but lessened the symptoms. Sometimes you'll still have a commercial that still tries to say you won't get such and such if you take their vaccine. I laughed the last time I saw one of those and it was only a month ago. I think it was the Shingles one?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Instead of making it mandatory, it is better to explain its necessity to people.

As well as explaining the dangers that could happen instead of saying they're perfectly safe. If I had known what I know now about the Covid vaccine, I never would have taken it. I still am going to take other kinds of vaccines though, because their track record is better.