Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Should we be afraid of nuclear energy?

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Ultimately, nuclear energy would cause way less pollution, assuming they could keep the uranium under control. Of course, nuclear pollution if there ever was some coming out, would be horrible beyond imagination, of course.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Too dangerous a lot of dangerous waste for a long time. It requires a lot of resources and the green alternatives are just plentiful and more efficient if we consider there's plenty of empty space and variety, in order to consider. Imo nuclear is an important field, but not the answer to energy scarcity, its an old view.

vans

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$808
Winbux
$0.00
It's indeed dangerous, but hopefully we should trust our proffesionals that it's in good hands.
Worst thing is that if there's any mistake, a catastofy can happen

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Wind is cheaper, we also know it is faster to deploy and there is less risk. Hydroelectric is comparable in cost and doesn't create nuclear waste. There is also the inherent inefficiency in centralized power. Micro generation, Wind farms and CHP (Combined heat and power) is the way to go.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Wind is cheaper, we also know it is faster to deploy and there is less risk. Hydroelectric is comparable in cost and doesn't create nuclear waste. There is also the inherent inefficiency in centralized power. Micro generation, Wind farms and CHP (Combined heat and power) is the way to go.

I know I saw a video on sun farms being set up in the desert and other sunny places. A lot safer to utilize.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$775
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, we should be afraid of it. There's been several nuclear power plant meltdowns such as Chernobyl, the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, & the Kyshtym disaster in the past.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$881
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
Nuclear energy was a hot topic in the Republican presidential primary debates, and I'm sure it'll be heavily discussed as election season continues to get closer. I don't think we should be afraid, so long as the necessary precautions are being taken. It's one of things that could be very beneficial, but at the same time, no one wants to have something like this near where they live.

active89

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$3
Winbux
$0.00
I think that people need to be very careful. It can be dangerous if it's used by people with problems. If they explode we can be in danger.