Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Social Distancing

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
What are your thoughts on social distancing? Presumably, they have it in your country and it ranges from 1m to 1.5m to 2m. Do you think people are respecting it quite well or not?

Here in England it is generally 2m and I cannot tell you the amount of times I have gotten angry about people disrespecting this rule!

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
It is 1 meter here or 3 feet. But admittedly that distance is not being followed to the letter. In the public transport, buses are allowed to have a seating distance that is like 1 foot only.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's 2 metres over here in the UK although most people don't bother to follow that. We have markings all over the place in shops but people don't seem to pay much attention to them

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah, the 2m social distancing is pretty much impossible to follow these days. Even when I try to adhere to it, most others don't :( .

(And there I was thinking it would be easy, because 'social distancing' has been my default way of life for the past 30 years!)

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
Here in England we are asked to keep at least two meters apart, unfortunately most people seem to overlook the rule which is quite upsetting and makes shopping and essential trips quite hard.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Here in the US we're asked to stay six feet apart. Unfortunately I can tell you not everyone does this, especially at my work. We still have morning meetings and we all huddle together every morning. >_> We have to wear masks, but I think we should stop having meetings again since cases are on the rise here in the US again.

Aces

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$915
Winbux
$0.00
The measures taken to prevent Covid are ridiculous to me. We literally have more people dying of starvation and we have the cure - food. But this entire Covid ordeal has turned into a massive political tool and depressing discussion of 2020. One way or another, we're all going to get infected.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$772
Winbux
$0.00
Not really the thing that helps or should be done to really stop this, but having a little distance is better than nothing.

6 feet apart isn't that effective. Because when you go to a public place, people touch everything. Including public bathrooms. They call that fomites, objects or materials which are likely to carry infection, such as clothes, utensils, and furniture.