Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

That's not my job!

Welcome! You have been invited by Mildredtabitha to join our community. Please click here to register.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What's the worst thing you're ever been asked to do at work?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Cleaning a restroom that a covid appearing person just used.

I cleaned bathrooms for almost 3 years at Wal-Mart. There's a lot of disgusting people that do things in the bathroom that they shouldn't. I think I almost quit on my first month it was so bad had I not needed the money. Another issue I had with it was that I was sick all of the time. I came down with the flu several times and a stomach bug that put me out of work for a week. If I wasn't cleaning bathrooms I was unloading trucks, pushing carts, and door greeting. I really felt that the job was degrading at times and the pay really wasn't worth it because of how much they cut hours.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I once had to scrub stairs and the walls when I worked for an ice cream shop because not enough customers were coming in to keep us busy.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I was hired as a receptionist for a veterinary practice. When it was slow, the vet expected me to vacuum and mop floors, clean the windows, wash crate towels, and the list went on and on. This was despite the vet having a night cleaning service come in. I finally told the vet I was hired as a receptionist not a maid and if it didn't stop, I was quitting. It stopped for a month and then it started again. I wound up quitting.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
When I got back to office one day, I saw a note on my desk saying that my working time has changed to night shift. I declined and quit.