Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The better web browser

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Which is the better web browser these days and why?

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
I've used quite a few. I currently use Edge, and I have to admit, it's pretty good. I think it's based on Chrome. It can use Chrome add-ons and what not. It's fast, and easily imported all my settings and bookmarks.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
Firefox seems pretty decent, though other newcomers like Brave seem to be gaining support.
I like Firefox and have used it since Beta in 2006. But now it seems every other version breaks it. :(

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
My brother uses Opera and loves it. I might give it a go. Anyone else use Opera? If so, do you like it?

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
My brother uses Opera and loves it. I might give it a go. Anyone else use Opera? If so, do you like it?
My g/f uses Opera. I consider it the browser "off brand", but she likes it/doesn't care. hehehe
Post automatically merged:

Yep, sadly, I had to use an old version for a while until they fixed whatever was wrong with it.
You haven't tried anything else?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,062
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I use Waterfox and Brave as my daily drivers, but I also have Basalisk, Vivaldi, Opera and Firefox as testing browsers.
I don't trust Google enough to use Chrome these days, but I did use it and FireFox in their early days.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Chrome probably is the most well put together, but I still find myself clinging to Firefox. I don't really like Firefox anymore tbh, and the fact its taken Internet Explorer's place in being the browser that needs specific CSS fixes is kinda sad, but I also dont want to contribute to the dominance on the market that Chrome's engine has (every other browser uses some iteration of it except for Firefox)

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,062
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Chrome probably is the most well put together, but I still find myself clinging to Firefox. I don't really like Firefox anymore tbh, and the fact its taken Internet Explorer's place in being the browser that needs specific CSS fixes is kinda sad, but I also dont want to contribute to the dominance on the market that Chrome's engine has (every other browser uses some iteration of it except for Firefox)
Sounds like you need Waterfox in your life ;)

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Sounds like you need Waterfox in your life ;)
I used Waterfox a couple years ago back on Windows but for one reason or another I moved back to mainline FF, think it started giving me trouble. I did really enjoy it up until that point though so you're right it's probably worth another shot!

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,062
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I used Waterfox a couple years ago back on Windows but for one reason or another I moved back to mainline FF, think it started giving me trouble. I did really enjoy it up until that point though so you're right it's probably worth another shot!
They had a few stumbling blocks when rolling out the new Waterfox Current a couple of years ago, growing pains, but it's been solid for me since those initial issues :)

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
They had a few stumbling blocks when rolling out the new Waterfox Current a couple of years ago, growing pains, but it's been solid for me since those initial issues :)
Are you using Waterfox Classic or Waterfox G3?