Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The most painful bug bite/sting you've had

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What was the most painful bug bite/sting you've had?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Yellow Jacket sting hurts like a mo fo. Back in 2013 I mowed over their nest. They came swarming out of the ground and I got stung 4 times. I ended up going to the clinic a week later to get a steroid shot because the swelling had barely gone down.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
TIger snake
Tiger snakes (Notechis scutatus) are a large and highly venomous snake of southern Australia, including its coastal islands and Tasmania.

Where exactly were you when you got bit and how did you survive it?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Yellow Jacket on the side of my neck. Hurt so bad, and I was on a 3 day camping/hiking trip in the mountains, so I had no way to treat it. Just had my friend yank out the stinger and keep moving on.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Yep hence of seeing them Xd

I saw a damn long snake crossing the road outside my own home while getting in the car
Sorry but what does this have to do with the OP question?

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Probably a horse-fly.. It got infected and I did the typical bloke thing of "it'll be fine.. it'll get better by itself"

My work colleague saw it and demanded that I went to A&E immediately. It turned out that I had borderline Septicemia. Fun.

Heatman

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$952
Winbux
$0.00
What was the most painful bug bite/sting you've had?
I think it's a scorpion ? sting when I was just 7 years old but the memory and pains is still fresh like it happened yesterday. It's the most painful feeling I have ever had in my life.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I once got stung 6 times on the back by yellow jackets, they had built their next near the front door so when I slammed the door they attacked me. I was on my way to the gym with a friend and we actually got on the treadmill for about 20 minutes before I told my friend that I did not feel good. I looked in the mirror and my chest, arms, and back we covered in hives. Turns out I am actually allergic to wasps, bees, and fireants.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Turns out I am actually allergic to wasps, bees,
My brother is too and almost died from the allergic reaction. He now carries an EpiPen wherever he goes. Did your reaction require medical attention?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
My brother is too and almost died from the allergic reaction. He now carries an EpiPen wherever he goes. Did your reaction require medical attention?
Yes they gave me two shots on the butt one steroid and the other... I don't remember. I remember feeling so uncomfortable that I told the nurse don't give me a heads up, don't count, just do it. lol

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Yes they gave me two shots on the butt one steroid and the other... I don't remember. I remember feeling so uncomfortable that I told the nurse don't give me a heads up, don't count, just do it. lol
Do you have to now carry an EpiPen like my brother does?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Do you have to now carry an EpiPen like my brother does?

...I should. I haven EpiPen, but I don't carry it around with me as often as I should. If I know I will be outdoors like hiking or camping I make sure to have it.