Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Thoughts on Transgenders?

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I dislike them but at the end of the day I do respect what they choose to be :)
Fair enough then.

The second part of the sentence is the most important, we all have things we disagree with and dislike but as long as we can respect the beliefs, choices, and thoughts of others that is the most important thing I guess.

I do like to think I'm quite likeable though. :D

Last edited:

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Fair enough then.

The second part of the sentence is the most important I guess, we all have things we disagree with and dislike but as long as we can respect the beliefs, choices, and thoughts of others that is the most important thing I guess.

I do like to think I'm quite likeable though. :D
Spot on! We don't have to agree with or like everything about every person, but we can respect one another's differences, choices and so on.

From what I've seen so far, I'd agree you're a likable person ;)

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I didn't speak out as I tend to get hounded. Do I believe in being gay or trans? No, I do not. Before I get jumped on, I also don't believe in religion or having kids. I can accept the person even if I don't accept (or believe in) what they do.

Example: I have no problem with people not wanting a certain gender term. What I have a problem with is when they push their agenda on everybody else. Respect goes both ways. That "Agree to Disagree" that is going by the wayside lately. These "movements" shift everything to one side. That is not being Equal.

I don't care what color, sex, religion you are. You do NOT have more rights than another. I believe in Equal not More Rights. I will treat someone with common courtesy, decency, & RESPECT. I ask for that same in return.

Now for @PGen98 who I think is funny, compassionate, likes Tolkien, & I consider a good friend who I will support as the human being she is :)

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I didn't speak out as I tend to get hounded. Do I believe in being gay or trans? No, I do not. Before I get jumped on, I also don't believe in religion or having kids. I can accept the person even if I don't accept (or believe in) what they do.

Example: I have no problem with people not wanting a certain gender term. What I have a problem with is when they push their agenda on everybody else. Respect goes both ways. That "Agree to Disagree" that is going by the wayside lately. These "movements" shift everything to one side. That is not being Equal.

I don't care what color, sex, religion you are. You do NOT have more rights than another. I believe in Equal not More Rights. I will treat someone with common courtesy, decency, & RESPECT. I ask for that same in return.
Completely agreed. I'm fine with people being opposed to or not agreeing with being transgender, and I understand it. If you haven't experienced to horrors of dysphoria, how could you possibly understand the need to transition? Respecting one another shouldn't be too much to ask, however, and that's all I would like to see, and yes, on both sides.
Now for @PGen98 who I think is funny, compassionate, likes Tolkien, & I consider a good friend who I will support as the human being she is :)
Aww, thank you @ZandraJoi, I consider you a good friend, as well :)

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
What I have a problem with is when they push their agenda on everybody else.
I agree with that, and it goes for everything, from gender, race, religion, veganism, and pretty much everything else.

It's off topic, but I personally make an exception for gun ownership, I think an anti-gun agenda should be pushed because it will prevent both the accidental and intentional deaths of many people.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I'm a trans guy so yeah I like us! But the correct term would be "transgender people" not transgenders. I wouldn't say I'm "pushing my agenda on others" I just want to be treated with respect. I will absolutely correct people if they call me a "it", because that's not my pronoun. How anyone would hate someone for being true to themselves is beyond me. It's the same when it comes to race, it's something I cannot help.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I'm a trans guy so yeah I like us! But the correct term would be "transgender people" not transgenders. I wouldn't say I'm "pushing my agenda on others" I just want to be treated with respect. I will absolutely correct people if they call me a "it", because that's not my pronoun. How anyone would hate someone for being true to themselves is beyond me. It's the same when it comes to race, it's something I cannot help.
This. 1,000 times this!

I Couldnt Agree More GIF by YoungerTV

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I will absolutely correct people if they call me a "it", because that's not my pronoun. H
I live as female and I am passable in 95% of situations, so don't have a lot of issues with pronouns, but I do think they can be very confusing for a lot of people. A much bigger issue for non-binary people than trans I would think, but still an issue.

Personally I have a bit of a problem with 'they/them' but it's just a linguistic one (the pluralisation) rather than a problem with someone choosing it as a pronoun.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I honestly can't believe some people will refer to others as "it". Would make me so uncomfortable if someone said that in front of me which it's such an awful way to talk to someone.

Seems like the trans debate is going to be very heated in the UK for a while. There was meant to be a LGBTQ+ conference hosted by the UK Government but that has been cancelled since a lot of sponsors dropped out. The Government is considering banning conversion therapy but won't include transgender people in that.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I live as female and I am passable in 95% of situations, so don't have a lot of issues with pronouns, but I do think they can be very confusing for a lot of people. A much bigger issue for non-binary people than trans I would think, but still an issue.

Personally I have a bit of a problem with 'they/them' but it's just a linguistic one (the pluralisation) rather than a problem with someone choosing it as a pronoun.
That's understandable. It's probably even more difficult for those who's first language isn't English. I'm a understanding person, so I don't go out of my way to call people out if they misgender people. (Well at least if they're doing it on accident. If they're doing it on purpose then I'll call them out.) I think the trans people who get upset make the other percentage of trans people (such as myself) look bad and we all get viewed in a negative way. (Which most media already do...)

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Why do LGBTQ community members even have their own pronouns?

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Why do LGBTQ community members even have their own pronouns?
LGB people will usually use their birth pronouns, as those are sexual orientations and don't affect gender.

T people will generally use the pronouns associated with the gender they have transitioned to, as that is generally how.

Q+ is where it all gets a bit more complex pronoun wise, many people who fall under this umbrella term define themselves as non-binary, and as such don't want to be referred to as either female or male, and choose alternative pronouns to express that.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I mean how can they sew a penis to an female body OMG
It's a neopenis, a reasonable facsimile, just as a trans woman's vagina is not biologically the same as a cis woman's vagina, it's a reasonable facsimile. It's about peace of mind, helping a trans woman or a trans man feel at ease with their body. Not everyone goes through with the surgeries, that's a personal decision for each trans person. I intend to, provided I can ever afford to do so, because I need to for my own peace of mind. Same with many other trans women and trans men.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
On the topic of getting surgery, I will hopefully be getting at least top surgery. I don't really have bottom dysphoria so I may or may not look into bottom surgery. I'm willing to answer questions to those who are wanting to learn as long as they're not rude about it. (Perhaps a different topic would be better to explain stuff more in detail. I think the Adult Cafe would be a better place for a more in depth topic.) Also @PGen98 I hope you can save up enough money someday to get surgery.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
On the topic of getting surgery, I will hopefully be getting at least top surgery. I don't really have bottom dysphoria so I may or may not look into bottom surgery. I'm willing to answer questions to those who are wanting to learn as long as they're not rude about it. (Perhaps a different topic would be better to explain stuff more in detail. I think the Adult Cafe would be a better place for a more in depth topic.) Also @PGen98 I hope you can save up enough money someday to get surgery.
Thank you, and likewise, best of luck to you on your journey towards surgery/surgeries, here's to smooth sailing :)

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Can always make a topic under that adult board f you are willing to share.

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Honestly, if people are happy, then as long as they aren't hurting anybody else, let them be. It's obviously something that's difficult to understand for somebody who isn't going through the same situation but people just need love and support.

People concern themselves with things way too much these days.
That's right. I'm all for doing what makes you happy provided it's harmful to the next person just go ahead. So that's it. Transgender should be no issues.