Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Thoughts on Veganism and other Diets?

Naiwen

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
disneylandlove.proboards.com
Hubux
$3,764
Winbux
$0.00
Well, do you daily practice such a diet or not? I've read it online somewhere that pet owners now force it on their pets because they are on X diet themselves. It's horrible abuse to their pets impo. Myself, I've always been fit and proportional because I exercise a great deal and do yoga daily. And have never personally required any diets to stay fit.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I agree that animals require their own specific nutritional needs and owners should be responsible enough to feed them what's best.

I don't mind people practicing their own diets I just don't like it when they try to enforce it on me.

I've tried a vegan challenge for 30 days and actually really liked it because
1) It allowed me to lose 10 pounds
2) It reduced my time grocery shopping because I was only allowed to eat produce really.
3) It gave me a nice sense of accomplishment completing the 30 day challenge.

For me, veganism is not sustainable long term. I love food, meat, dairy products etc. I don't like being limited to only certain types of food.

Last edited:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I'm very active and athletic and don't need to diet.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I think that the vast majority of people who are vegan, don't do it for health or fitness reasons, but for ethical ones, either because not eating meat hugely reduces the climate footprint of food production, or because they believe that it is cruel to animals to farm and then kill them for food.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
I used to be a vegetarian leaning towards veganism many years ago. My favorite is really just a simple salad. You can always mix & match to spice it up with new toppings as well as different dressings. & yes, I do have a salad as a main dish! lol Another thing I really like is Vegan Gluten Free Mac & Cheese. It's not the one that has the fake cheese taste but rather it's sweet potato & pumpkin flavor. It honestly does taste better than it sounds :)
I do it for the ethical as well as the health reasons. To me, everything goes hand in hand.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I don't mind people practicing their own diets I just don't like it when they try to enforce it on me.

I know what you mean. I've watched that show "My 600 LB Life" where they force their new diets on their other family members so they won't fail and gain all of their weight back. They go in and throw out all of the food that you like and you're stuck eating a salad with them. That would suck so bad.