Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Trolls?

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$733
Winbux
$0.00
How do you deal with trolls on your forum? Do you warn them first or just outright ban them?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm a big troll :p

Depends on what they do :) I mean you have bad trolls and good trolls and then others that just do not understand. If someone joins and they are 100% big troll and they have or will bypass the built-in IPB defence system and they post madness, then they get a full ban and their content gets removed.

Email and IP gets listed on the bad list :)

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a big troll :p

Depends on what they do :) I mean you have bad trolls and good trolls and then others that just do not understand. If someone joins and they are 100% big troll and they have or will bypass the built-in IPB defence system and they post madness, then they get a full ban and their content gets removed.

Email and IP gets listed on the bad list :)

This. It depends on what they do.

Now, if I know them from another community and I know they have a habit of trolling on other communities, I may not give them a warning. If they've been warned before to stop their behavior and they don't, then what's the point in warning them some more?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Now, if I know them from another community and I know they have a habit of trolling on other communities, I may not give them a warning. If they've been warned before to stop their behavior and they don't, then what's the point in warning them some more?
Each site has a different setup. On my side, I have an eight points system. If they get a total of eight points, then they get a ban for good.

Lime if they posted a naked image, that's a three warning point right away. I had to give them verbal warnings to many people since they did wrong but wasn't bad enough to give them a warning point.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I guess warnings sometimes aren't beneficial because trolls probably like the attention. Fortunately, we've never really had to deal with this here at Discussion Hub. Depending on what they are doing, a warning would probably be the best thing to start with (even if it is useless) and then just ban them.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Not really had to deal with trolls yet on my forum, thank god. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but so long as they're not saying outright offensive stuff or trying to do damage to the site then it's probably all good? Trolls can sometimes be funny if they know where to draw the line, but yeah they'd get the boot if they're genuinely trying to ruin things.