Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Users who don't speak the same language...

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Have you come across users who don't speak the same language as you & the forum does? What's the best way of dealing with an obstacle like this? My advice would be to use a Google Translator and manually edit their messages after they've posted

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Have you come across users who don't speak the same language as you & the forum does? What's the best way of dealing with an obstacle like this? My advice would be to use a Google Translator and manually edit their messages after they've posted
How can you edit something you don't really know? If i'm trying to learn Hungarian i wouldn't try to edit what google translator says :p

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
I used to be a member of a Filipino forum with some foreigners as members. It was difficult for the foreigners to understand our language that they always ask some members to translate into English.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Can't say I ever have. I've had plenty of users who spoke English as a second language, but they've all been at a level where they can participate 'normally' in the forum (and one was so good that I thought he was a native English speaker at first!)

Aces

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$915
Winbux
$0.00
It would be odd for someone of a foreign language to try participating in your forum in the first place. Editing their messages would simply be bothersome, and I'd probably just disallowed anything other than English if I had an English forum. Your best bet would be creating an international forum on your site for foreigners to connect.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've never actually had this happen before, all forums I visit or have owned primarily use English. I wouldn't be able to trust Google Translate to make an accurate translation.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I used to be a member of a Filipino forum with some foreigners as members. It was difficult for the foreigners to understand our language that they always ask some members to translate into English.

Wow, i didn't know you were Filipino. What do you think about Florencio Campomanes?

On-topic, i think creating a sub-forum for a specific language could at least be more equal to your foreign members.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I've never had this problem either weirdly so it's not something that I have had to deal with so far. I think the best thing to do would be to ask them to speak English (I think that's one of our forum guidelines but now I can't remember lol). If they can't, the best thing to do would be to ask them to use Google Translator and post the English translation on the forum.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Most people around the world speak more than one and English is the number one main word around the world. World wide web has improved so well that any sites can have a language picker.