Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Visiting the Dentist

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Until recently, I have been overdue my dental examination by 6 months and have experienced some receding of my gums. I called them and asked to book an appointment as soon as the surgery re-opened. When I arrived, they asked me to wait outside and when it was time, they took my temperate and made me sanitize my hands before seeing my dentist.

Has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your dental check-ups?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Yeah, i waited in my car for more than 3 hours last month, good thing i didn't have issues at work when i got back.

Also everything is more expensive now.. huge mess :(

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't seen the dentist in 4 years. When I was 21, I had 8 wisdom teeth pulled from a surgeon that my dentist referred me to. When I came back to the dentist office, he removed the stitches and 3 more teeth that my wisdom's rotted from trapping food that couldn't be removed with floss or a brush. When I was 22, I had veneers put in which my family paid for. I've never had to have them changed out, or broken one, and they're past their life span.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I haven't seen the dentist in 4 years. When I was 21, I had 8 wisdom teeth pulled from a surgeon that my dentist referred me to. When I came back to the dentist office, he removed the stitches and 3 more teeth that my wisdom's rotted from trapping food that couldn't be removed with floss or a brush. When I was 22, I had veneers put in which my family paid for. I've never had to have them changed out, or broken one, and they're past their life span.

I'm sorry, what? The most a person should only have is 4, maybe they grow back if you're really unlucky but 8?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I'm sorry, what? The most a person should only have is 4, maybe they grow back if you're really unlucky but 8?

Yeah, they said it was really uncommon. I'm just glad they're out.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I hate the dentist. I go every 6 months for a checkup but I always dread the visit. COVID has sort of saved me a bit with this because we haven't been able to go to the dentist for a while now and won't be able to for a couple of months more ?

S

salma

Oooh my goodness you must have gone through so much pain then. you better go for that checkup before they bring you problems because of being overdue.

S

salma

I hate the dentist. I go every 6 months for a checkup but I always dread the visit. COVID has sort of saved me a bit with this because we haven't been able to go to the dentist for a while now and won't be able to for a couple of months more ?
Those are my exact words i fear the dentist, i try to avoid it as much as i can but when the time comes for checkup there is no escaping, i just dread the equipment's that glare at your eyes when you get in.

S

salma

Until recently, I have been overdue my dental examination by 6 months and have experienced some receding of my gums. I called them and asked to book an appointment as soon as the surgery re-opened. When I arrived, they asked me to wait outside and when it was time, they took my temperate and made me sanitize my hands before seeing my dentist.

Has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your dental check-ups?
I was actually scheduled for an appointment but it came when covid had just hit, so i will have to reschedule for one and i am just dreading.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I was due for a dental clean-up but was cancelled to the situation were in. Although, I am still waiting to hear back from them on when they've set a date.
Yeah, we can't book an appointment with the dentist and it is very annoying at the moment. It has been way too long now since I last visited the dentist.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah, we can't book an appointment with the dentist and it is very annoying at the moment. It has been way too long now since I last visited the dentist.
Yeah, I need a good clean and all. I also now have my actual dentist appointment approaching, so I'd assume that's always cancelled but I'd need to call to find out.