Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Website Hosting

Jay™

Former Community Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
Hubux
$2,401
Winbux
$1.00
Do you have your own VPS or dedicated server to host your site on? or just use shared hosting or maybe a free board.
What are your thoughts on the one you use and how you made that decision.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
VPS or dedicated server are the best way to go with, owning it all yourself and having powers over it :) Bigger sites need it the most. However, it cost far double than shared, unless you running it from your own little boxed server room :p

I always went with shared hosting, keep the costs down, not like I'm BIG anyway LOL Plus I'm on cloud hosting.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Shared hosting for us. Never really had any problems with it on Discussion Hub or my previous projects so I'm always happy to use it. May have to look into a VPS one day but not yet.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
I use shared hosting like why pay for something with barely any traffic so as it grows I consider it then for now I’m paying $30AUD monthly.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Never hosted on a VPS before but I have tinkered alot on different VPS's mostly small boxes to get a hang of it. Maybe one day I will host all my websites on a dedicated server.

Shared hosting works just fine for the time being until my sites grow ?

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Never hosted on a VPS before but I have tinkered alot on different VPS's mostly small boxes to get a hang of it. Maybe one day I will host all my websites on a dedicated server.

Shared hosting works just fine for the time being until my sites grow ?
That’s the way!! :)

better to save money until it’s really worth it :p

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I hugely recommend S4, they do green hosting with renewable energy.

I used them, they are super helpful and if you explain what you need and what you are planning to do and the traffic then they will set up a VPS or just a hosting plan that fits with what you need. They are super nice and have amazing support, even if you know nothing and ask stupid questions ?

S4 Hosting | Sustainable, ethical & fast web and mail hosting

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I hugely recommend S4, they do green hosting with renewable energy.

I used them, they are super helpful and if you explain what you need and what you are planning to do and the traffic then they will set up a VPS or just a hosting plan that fits with what you need. They are super nice and have amazing support, even if you know nothing and ask stupid questions ?

S4 Hosting | Sustainable, ethical & fast web and mail hosting

that's pretty epic, I'll keep them in mind for any future needs.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Just shared hosting for now, god damn I'd love to host it from home though along with my other stuff... unfortunately Virgin Media are geebags and not exactly the most reliable when it comes to uptime :p Even before they bought over UPC, UPC was trash in this regard.

I've not thought too much about upgrading my sites current package to a dedicated service. I'm sure I'll have to eventually but I cache the shizzle out of everything so the systems resources don't get clogged up too often.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I'm using shared hosting at the moment but if it gets off the ground I will upgrade to reseller which is more powerful. Well, they don't have a VPS or dedicated server.