Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What do you think makes someone a great manager?

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
A great manager needs to have certain qualities like a good leader and a follower at the same time. If he or she possesses these qualities, he or she will an effective manager in the eyes of his or her subordinates.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,424
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
The best manager I had was one who encouraged me and didn't make me feel as if I was a weak link on the team. She had faith that I could accomplish what I said I'd do, and more. She allowed me leeway since I was honest and didn't take advantage of the company, so that when I went in early commuting with my husband, and stayed until my release time, it meant I worked more than the agreed upon time. So she told me I could take a longer lunch if I wanted to and on some days I got to go home early without complaint.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
A good manager should be a team leader. Have the ability to delegate work to staff working under him/her, and motivate them to get the job done. S(he) should also be a good listener.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
They need to understand the problems faced by the employees and should get these solved as soon as they can

PixelPioneer

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$27
Winbux
$0.00
I think a great manager wears many hats and balances them with grace. They’re not just a leader but also a team player, always ready to listen and support their team. The ability to delegate effectively, communicate clearly, and solve problems with a positive attitude are all hallmarks of a fantastic manager.

But beyond skills and qualities, I think what truly makes a manager great is their ability to inspire trust and confidence in their team. When a manager believes in their team, it empowers each member to perform at their best, knowing they have the support and guidance they need to succeed.