Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What do you use to create your themes for your websites?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
Do you code from scratch? If so, what IDE or code editor do you use?

Do you use WP? Do you use premade themes?

I'm curious.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
With Proboards, we have a Library we can access to download many themes for those who don’t want to create their own. I tried my hand a bit at making a theme but it’s not for me. If we didn’t have our Library, I would just do the Default one lol
When creating themes, were you able to dive in with confidence or did you hesitate?

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I'll just use the template editor in the admin panel of Xenforo. When I was using SMF I'd use a text editor (gedit to be specific) for editing themes.
I don't tend to make them entirely from scratch, I'll use the default theme of whatever software as a base and make modifications to it until I'm happy.

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
I wished I knew how to build my own themes, I feel like that would be a lot of fun and save a lot of money. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to even begin with that.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I definitely take advantage of pre-made templates myself. The idea of creating my own intimidates me!

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I just edit the default themes when it comes to creating themes. I think it's easier that way, I never start from scratch. I'm more comfortable editing existing code rather than creating my own.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
WIth XenForo, and to be honest, any software, I tend to just use premade themes and then customise it quite a bit to give my sites a somewhat unique look. Like I've tried to do here with Discussion Hub.

With my portfolio site, I am still learning more about HTML and CSS so my aim is to build most of it by scratch, at least with a framework like Bootstrap.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a dumb fuck who can't make a theme so I just got ThemeHouse to make our custom theme for us.