Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

What makes you go on General Forums?

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
What are your thoughts on general forums like DH? Do you think there is enough general forums, or it wouldn't hurt to have more?

I am registered on a few general forums myself, but quite active on DH than the others.

What makes you join a general forum?

A few years ago, I never understood the purpose of a general forum until I became active on DH.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I like them for the variety of topics there are available to talk about.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I just can't get my thoughts around how DH has members that always come back and being active. Mot of us have our own sites and yet we are not even active on our own sites but being here on DH LOL

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
I just can't get my thoughts around how DH has members that always come back and being active. Mot of us have our own sites and yet we are not even active on our own sites but being here on DH LOL
I know, right, that's what I was thinking when I made this post. I don't know what it is about general forums that we all keep coming back to.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I think they offer a nicer, more tight-knit atmosphere than social media (which is something of a no man's land), and also a slower pace than chat apps like Discord (where it gets hard to keep up).

And... it certainly wouldn't have more. One of the main problems with the internet IMO is that it's too centralised on a few big sites!

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
I personally love them, I’m only on modern social because of friends and since I’m a millennial I like both forums and modern social media :p

All though forums are far more cleaner and better, I’m still active on my own site though, my forum is only new so with inactivity it gets boring but I do go on my own daily.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm not going to lie, there are loads and there will always be new ones popping up. But I think if you can create a relaxed and fun community, people will always return. That has always been our aim here at DH. If you can be yourself without having to worry about shitty rules, it's always a fun place to be at.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
I'm not going to lie, there are loads and there will always be new ones popping up. But I think if you can create a relaxed and fun community, people will always return. That has always been our aim here at DH. If you can be yourself without having to worry about shitty rules, it's always a fun place to be at.
I could not agree more!! :)
We have the basic rules which is basically saying be a decent person but other then that people can be themselves.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,403
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I think we return to DH because the site hasn't closed like a lot of other general forums. I like having places to turn to for casual chat and this site doesn't have hostile members like some of the niche sites do. It's difficult trying to fit in at some places where there are cliques already formed. But at General Forums it's easier to get into the groove of posting.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
I think we return to DH because the site hasn't closed like a lot of other general forums. I like having places to turn to for casual chat and this site doesn't have hostile members like some of the niche sites do. It's difficult trying to fit in at some places where there are cliques already formed. But at General Forums it's easier to get into the groove of posting.
It’s sucks that sites close especially if they’re doing well.

one thing I be doing with my niche gaming one though is making sure hostile members go elsewhere.

PixelPioneer

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$22
Winbux
$0.00
I adore being part of vibrant communities like DH! It's akin to a vibrant mosaic of subjects and characters, and I'm totally on board with it!

Whether we're chatting about the latest tech trends or sharing our pet peeves, there's always something to pique our interest. And I think it's awesome that we can bounce from one discussion to another like a pinball.

I guess what makes me stick around is the atmosphere and the friendly banter. It's a place where I can be myself :).