Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

When do you believe the number of electric vehicles will surpass that of combustion vehicles?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,486
Winbux
$0.00
We don't typically see 0 degree weather, but we'll see freezing temperatures. My dad doesn't have issues with his EV starting, but he gets really annoyed with how slow the inside of the car warms up.
Tbh it also has to be well below zero, not just it being cold. ICE vehicles also have difficulty in subzero temperatures.

Also, if you read those articles about what happened in Chicago this past winter, there’s more to the story. The cars died waiting in line at a charging station and the owners misunderstood how batteries work when it gets that cold, so the cars ran out of juice before they could charge the vehicle. Also, this was just one day in a city that regularly gets cold in the winter.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,431
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
We don't typically see 0 degree weather, but we'll see freezing temperatures. My dad doesn't have issues with his EV starting, but he gets really annoyed with how slow the inside of the car warms up.

That's one thing I love about having a gas car then, I need heat fast because I have issues.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,486
Winbux
$0.00
That's one thing I love about having a gas car then, I need heat fast because I have issues.
I’m curious how much of that has to do with it being an EV versus having a poorly designed heater. I’ve seen online that their EV’s heat up very quickly.

I’m sure we’ve all been in a friend’s car that had a shitty AC or heater, and we knew that their AC/heater just sucked. The same can be said about the failures of the Cybertruck aren’t because it’s an EV, and more to do with it being a poorly designed vehicle if most of the failings have nothing to do with the EV platform like the “gas” pedal breaking or the body rusting by looking at it.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,431
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I’m curious how much of that has to do with it being an EV versus having a poorly designed heater. I’ve seen online that their EV’s heat up very quickly.

I’m sure we’ve all been in a friend’s car that had a shitty AC or heater, and we knew that their AC/heater just sucked. The same can be said about the failures of the Cybertruck aren’t because it’s an EV, and more to do with it being a poorly designed vehicle if most of the failings have nothing to do with the EV platform like the “gas” pedal breaking or the body rusting by looking at it.

Start an online poll and find out?