Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Where do you get images for your website from?

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
When I started writing online, my online instructor said I need to use my own images to add credibility to my writing. Therefore, I used my own images on my articles, but later I found that my images were being stolen. Therefore, I stopped using my images. These days I use Pixabay and Pexels.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
I use https://pixabay.com/
When I started writing online, my online instructor said I need to use my own images to add credibility to my writing. Therefore, I used my own images on my articles, but later I found that my images were being stolen. Therefore, I stopped using my images. These days I use Pixabay and Pexels.
I use Pixabay too.
Great images for free.
I had not heard of Pexels. However, free also I'm going to start using them too.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Pixabay and Pexels are the ones that I have heard of so both are great sites to use for free images. Unsplash is another site that you can use :)

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
At times images from other people that they get while gaming or just images that I get to make up by either me or someone else :) I do not just go on google and get images Xd

Copyright is the main point of not trying to get in big trouble

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
I use Pixabay if I don't have one myself.

I mainly have hiking websites and since I am a hiker and a photographer/videographer so most of the photos I use are of my own. I don't sell my work (besides stickers and postcards) so I mainly take photos to display on websites and social media.

Nomad

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
Free or paid, all images come with some conditions. You must be aware that all free images are not for commercial use. Some images are free as long as you use them for non-commercial purposes, whereas some free images cannot be used for commercial purpose.

Nova

Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
Unsplash and Pexels are two places where the images can be found. I have been getting good quality images for my work most of the time from these two places. Also those are free to use and not much of issues with the license or credits part.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,417
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Free or paid, all images come with some conditions. You must be aware that all free images are not for commercial use. Some images are free as long as you use them for non-commercial purposes, whereas some free images cannot be used for commercial purpose.

Not a lot of people realize this and it's because of the licensing that the artists have agreed to give out with those companies that offer graphics/photos. Artists work just as hard as the rest of us and they deserve to have royalties paid to them, but there is such a rampant disrespect due to the ignorance of licensing and copyright laws.