Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Who drives in the snow?

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Driving in the snow can be a challenge. Well, as in rain, you don't want to slam on the breaks or swerve too much. Anyway, while this driving can be incredibly dangerous, there is a bit of fun. O.K., another question is: "Is your vehicle prepared for snow?". Does it have the right tires or is it a 4-wheel drive? Where do you all live and how does it relate?

Last edited:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have a Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 which is great in the snow.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Nowadays if you are living on the main or bus routes the roads are always cleared and raining salt on them and soon enough drive with roads clear.

Well, that's about true everywhere. The main roads are gotten to by work-crews. Nonetheless, though, sometimes snow comes with an onslaught and people aren't ready. Also, all main roads don't receive the same attention.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Here in Texas no one seems to know how to drive in the snow, that's why everything shuts down when the roads ice over. We are never prepared. It's not a re-occuring thing so we aren't ready for snow fall like folks are in the north.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I don't mind driving in the snow, it's the other people out there driving that I can't stand. Last Winter I got behind an idiot trying to get up a side road (which I take to get home) and he had no snow tires and kept sliding back down the incline. After he almost hit my truck twice, I took the long way home. :mad:

Yew

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$623
Winbux
$0.00
I like driving in the snow, you just gotta be alot more careful in your driving and pay attention. I drive a Ford Ranger 2009, which is not 4x4 but it work really great in the snow and it's a great truck when you want to have a little bit of fun. ;)

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,490
Winbux
$0.00
I hate driving in the snow because of the other drivers. Most people are driving slow for a reason, until that one asshole in the big truck thinks he can drive 70 and honks at everyone who drives slow.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I also love to ride my snowmobile both on and off-trail. Do any of you have one too? If so, what kind?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I like driving in the snow, you just gotta be alot more careful in your driving and pay attention. I drive a Ford Ranger 2009, which is not 4x4 but it work really great in the snow and it's a great truck when you want to have a little bit of fun. ;)
Looks so much fun but since I have a normal hatchback, it's not something I'm going to push my luck with it. Would love to try driving in the snow at one of those experiences where you get a huge open space to drive however you want.

Yew

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$623
Winbux
$0.00
Looks so much fun but since I have a normal hatchback, it's not something I'm going to push my luck with it. Would love to try driving in the snow at one of those experiences where you get a huge open space to drive however you want.
You can try and look for an open space parking lot. Hatchback with a working hand brake is also really fun. We just gotta be carefull when doing this lol.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
No, my vehicle is not prepared for snow, because I hardly ever have enough for it to be a problem :p .

Even then, I only drive in snow if I absolutely have to.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Going to take my snowmobile out and ride off-trail this afternoon. Nothing like 6" inches of freshly fallen snow.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
My vehicle isn't the best in the snow. It's not four wheel drive, but at least it's front wheel rather than rear wheel. I do have to drive in the snow; where I live, there's not much choice in the winter.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Got an ice storm overnight so no one is going to be driving anywhere for awhile. Snow I don't mind. Ice is a big NOPE for me.