Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Why do kids not want to do school-work or homework?

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
Well, in my experience, it seems like there is too much on their mind and/or they're simply not interested in it. However, work like doing odd math problems isn't really that hard, looking back. It just takes some muscle to get going. However, again, the kids aren't motivated. On the other hand, some adult wanting a math degree is.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I always thought that imposing kids stuff in the bad way makes them feel uncomfy and lose motivation.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
For me, after I got home from school on a beautiful day, the last thing I’d want to do is homework. I’d eat a snack, maybe take a nap or go outside, watch tv to relax after a horrible day at school, or spend time with my family and pets. Crazy right? As I got older, I’d have extracurriculars or work after school, and then would want to fit maybe a couple minutes of relaxing after that or a shower. I also had chores at home including setting up dinner and cleaning up after everyone was done.

All told, homework got pushed to the evening and is the reason I was always slumping around school exhausted, because I squeezed in about two hours of sleep, which I don’t think is healthy for a growing kid who is already stressed.

vans

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$808
Winbux
$0.00
This is all depending on their motivation of both school (how the teachers are) and home (how parents are).
If both of them are motivational, and cool to hear, children shouldn't have that mental of "not want to go to school"

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I think that most students want to do schoolwork as long as it is presented in an interesting and engaging manner. Unfortunately, teaching in schools has not caught up with research and current best practice.

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
Kids need time for afterschool activities. Afterschool activities are also a way to learn from the real world. Schools are not the only place where kids learn. Formal education should be kept within the premises of school.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,403
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
When I didn't want to do homework it was because it wasn't challenging enough when I was younger. Then when I was in high school, some of it was too challenging because I hadn't listened to the teacher in class and didn't know what to do! My parents couldn't help me, so if my friends didn't help me out then I was totally lost. Good thing my friends were always willing to help!

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
Homework is pretty boring for kids specially after a full day at school. I doubt if there is any child that looks forward to it. I did not (lol)
Kids judt want to play. They do not understand why they should do work at that time
I noticed with the middle school where my kids attend, is that they don't give out homework hardly anymore. On a more personal note. I think kids need a life outside of school. It shouldn't always be about homework or school. That's why a lot of kids get burn out in school and their grades go into the toilet.