Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Will you build your future PC or will you buy a pre-built desktop/laptop?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I bought a pre-built but my husband built his PC 6 years ago. I will always buy pre-built cause I don't trust myself to build anything. Next computer is going to be a macbook though.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not much of a PC gamer so I'll probably always stick to pre-built laptops. The idea of building your own gaming PC is really cool and I would love to try it out one day. But it would be pretty much useless since I would never use it properly.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I have a Macbook now and it doesn't feel like I will need to replace it any time soon which is impressive considering I've had it almost as long as I've been married (9 years).

If I ever did have to replace it though it would probably will be a Macbook.

It's been a while since we've upgraded our gaming PC. My husband may opt to just upgrade certain components of that one or he might want to build one entirely with a new motherboard and everything - I'd let him make that call.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
I am going to build a gaming pc in the future. I have never built a pc before and I would love to customize my own components. I'm not worried about screwing it up since I have tinkered with cheap system units in the past. I would practice again before I put together my pc.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,068
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I build my PC's, I prefer it, because I know what I'm getting and I don't have to worry about my OS coming full of bloatware. Even de-bloated Win 11 on my new PC, so it's just what I need

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm looking at my desktop gaming rig now that I built and paid for myself :)

I rather buy the parts that I want, than build the system to how I want the system to be. Yes at the price cost to what I can afford at the time of when you do building a system. With built PC anyway you can upgrade to newer parts down the road ;) other than if it's an Intel board ;(

I always like to build and play with hardware anyway :) that's the person that I am. I will not buy a pre-built system, never. Just want to do it myself you know ;)