Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Winter bathing

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
This is very popular in Sweden where I am currently living. It is the process of spending a short amount of time in cold water such as the sea, alternating between time spent in a warm environment such as a sauna. Maybe your country is similar or has an alternative?
1594811997477.png
Have you ever tried this?

Funkel

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Website
www.minecom.org
Hubux
$1,388
Winbux
$0.00
I only shower sometimes cold :D Does that count?

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
I only shower sometimes cold :D Does that count?

That is brave! I guess it counts in some way or another. But you need warm water also to kill the germs!
I like to mix between cold and hot water while in a shower, usually when I ache really badly.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
We have an alternative. Some people will head to the beach and enter the sea braving a Christmas dip. In the English waters, it's extremely cold and it's certainly something I would avoid!

giphy.gif

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
This is very popular in Sweden where I am currently living. It is the process of spending a short amount of time in cold water such as the sea, alternating between time spent in a warm environment such as a sauna. Maybe your country is similar or has an alternative?
View attachment 64
Have you ever tried this?
We call this a Polar Bear dip in Canada and it is always a big thing on New Years Day. I personally have never done it because well, I'm not crazy....but others do it.

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
In Croatia some people on coast swim in middle of winter in Adriatic sea. I lived there but I never try anything similar. Mostly olders people swimm in such conditions. They say it is good for cardiovascular system and heart.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I have never tried it, because I already have issues with muscles and joints reacting badly to extreme cold temps, Injured one side of my body pretty bad, and the extreme cold temps in water tends to aggravate my hip and leg to the point of not being able to use it.