Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Would you pay for an email app to be able to use it on all platforms?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I'm referring to something like Newton - Supercharged emailing on iOS, Android, Mac & Windows

I use it but I had a glitch in the system where, I purchased it via the Apple App Store and then decided to cancel and got it refunded and then I was able to keep my subscription.
They are a good app, it lags and has glitches on iPad OS sometimes but it is nice that it comes with read receipts by default and it works on all of my devices. I have an iPhone, iPad and Windows PC and Linux Laptop (that I barely use but it counts). I keep tryin to go back to outlook because next January (11 months from now) it will want to renew and I will lose access so I don't want to randomly lose access to an app. The problem with outlook is that when I delete an email from my watch, phone, iPad, or PC it doesn't mark it as read and remove the notification from the other devices. Newton automatically does that, I can delete an email from the notification on my Apple Watch and then I can watch that notification disappear from my notification center on my iPad within seconds of me deleting the email.
I haven't found any other app that does what Newton does.

Their support is slow because they are a small team and the updates are not frequent for the same reason + COVID. But it works for the most part. So I may end up paying $55 next year to renew the subscription.

Do you think this price is too high? What email app do you use?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I think the standard email for iOS works fine for me. I love having access to all of my email accounts in one area. I've tried using Spark but I don't like the automatic formatting that it does sometimes.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I just use the Gmail and Outlook apps on my laptop and on my phone. Both are pretty great for what I need to do so I don't really have any complaints. Personally, I would never pay for email services or apps.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I recently looked at the spark app which is same like newton. Also it is bit more expensive. So I ignored it. Now that I have noticednewton app too. I may consider taking a look at. I have to switch to good options like say newton or so because I want to get rid of the google dependency.