Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Xenforo Must Have Add-Ons

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The credits and shop plugins are great for a lot of forums. Whether it's a general discussion forum or a webmaster one, there can be some good uses for them. There is one for global username styling that I quite like as well (free as well which is great)

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I used a few. But they are usually from KNOWN developers. I hate purchasing from anyone other than the usual top developers on XF. I have used other ones in the past and found they are low quality. I've actually lost out in so much money from purchasing add-ons that I no longer use. Always make a good decision when it comes to spending your hard earned money!

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
@Ash and I will be introducing a new plugin tomorrow that I am really looking forward to!

It is an "upgrade" from something we launched, pulled back on, and went back to the drawing board on :D. Get pumped!

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
Aside from the addons ThemeHouse gave me for my theme I’m not using any at the moment. I have that the credit and shop plugin are both cool. Given I already know PHP I’ll probably self code any addons I decide I need. This has been a rough month for me financially and am cost cutting where possible.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Aside from the addons ThemeHouse gave me for my theme I’m not using any at the moment. I have that the credit and shop plugin are both cool. Given I already know PHP I’ll probably self code any addons I decide I need. This has been a rough month for me financially and am cost cutting where possible.
How is the node addon that ThemeHouse gives you? Is it possible to have it where only one category on the front page has them in a horizontal view?

Can credits value be added depend on post/thread SEO impact or only fixed amount?
I haven't had a proper look yet but at the moment it is only based on a fixed amount.
I'm 100% sure there is no way to do it based on SEO impact but I think there is a way to have it based on the quantity of characters/words.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Aside from the extra featured items, like the Enhanced Search and the Resource Manager, I prefer to get most of the following addons installed in most cases, based on the genre of the forum.

• Moderator Essentials
  • Ads Manager 2 by Siropu
  • Duplicate Account Check
  • Auto Close (Automatically locks threads, based on defined settings)
  • Known Bots
  • Auto Move (thread) based on Prefix
  • Database Backup
  • Advanced Forms for XenForo
  • Multi Prefix
  • Advanced Forum Rules (Allows forcing reading of rules, if new or if there are updates to the rules)
  • XenCentral Feedback System
  • XenCentral Multi Site System 2 (allows you to place specific categories of your forum as a separate website under a subdomain or a different domain)
  • DragonByte Donate
  • DragonByte Shop
  • DragonByte Credits
  • DragonByte Infopanels
  • DragonByte Spam Clean

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I would recommend downloading and installing half of Xon's add-ons. They really are the more professional and essential add-ons that are worth buying. Although, some of his best add-ons are also free!

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I would recommend downloading and installing half of Xon's add-ons. They really are the more professional and essential add-ons that are worth buying. Although, some of his best add-ons are also free!
I noticed you were suggested that on another forum last night and checked it out myself :).

Too bad add-ons get pricey really quickly :(

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
I’m actually opening a gaming website that will be powered by XenForo with a partner very soon. The main add-ons we are buying are XenPorta PRO and the Resource Manager. The rest are just small add-ons.

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
We finally got my forum moved to Xenforo, hence why I was asking! You've all given me some great ideas for what to get!

What platform did you use before?

Did anybody try do something serious with Discuss Board plugin for Wordpress? It can be connected with MyCred plugin for awarding users with points.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I’m actually opening a gaming website that will be powered by XenForo with a partner very soon. The main add-ons we are buying are XenPorta PRO and the Resource Manager. The rest are just small add-ons.
You're opening a gaming website? Last time we spoke, you said you know nothing of the niche and that it doesn't interest you. So why bother doing so?

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
You're opening a gaming website? Last time we spoke, you said you know nothing of the niche and that it doesn't interest you. So why bother doing so?
Lol, that's not what I said. I said that I find it hard to comment on gaming news, since your forum is full of no discussion, only copied & pasted articles. I find it quite childish that you hold a grudge over me for respectfully ending our post exchange.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Aside from the extra featured items, like the Enhanced Search and the Resource Manager, I prefer to get most of the following addons installed in most cases, based on the genre of the forum.

• Moderator Essentials
  • Ads Manager 2 by Siropu
  • Duplicate Account Check
  • Auto Close (Automatically locks threads, based on defined settings)
  • Known Bots
  • Auto Move (thread) based on Prefix
  • Database Backup
  • Advanced Forms for XenForo
  • Multi Prefix
  • Advanced Forum Rules (Allows forcing reading of rules, if new or if there are updates to the rules)
  • XenCentral Feedback System
  • XenCentral Multi Site System 2 (allows you to place specific categories of your forum as a separate website under a subdomain or a different domain)
  • DragonByte Donate
  • DragonByte Shop
  • DragonByte Credits
  • DragonByte Infopanels
  • DragonByte Spam Clean

pretty extensive list, though what is so good about the enhanced search?