Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Black Widow

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
Yes and yes. My favourite Marvel characters are the 'human normal' ones. Those without obvious super powers. Looking forward to this.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Is this still delayed? Kind of forgot about it with Covid.

Yeah. They've been advertising this movie for a year and 5 months now. They started releasing trailers at the beginning of December of 2019. Then we had all of 2020 to deal with the pandemic and now we're almost 4 months into 2021. It'll almost be 2 years that they've been advertising a movie they won't release.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I just read this about it: “Black Widow” will also fall under Premier Access. The MCU tentpole was originally set to open in May 2020 before the pandemic pushed it first to November 6, 2020 and then to May 7, 2021. Guess we'll have to hope this is the real release date as I want to see this.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I loved it. Especially the mystery behind The Taskmaster. But I thought it was a great character and good backstory.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Saw it, wasn't impressed. Really disappointed in what they did with Taskmaster too.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Saw it, wasn't impressed. Really disappointed in what they did with Taskmaster too.

I'd be interested to see a list of things that you didn't like about it.

As for Taskmaster, was it because they made HE into a SHE?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What is was, really, was a waste of time.

Firstly, the movie didn't give what we expected, which was at least a rundown of the events in BW's life leading up to her time with the Avengers. Instead, it just gave us some backstory about what she was doing during the period between Civil War and Infinity War, which, in my frank opinion, is irrelevant. This leads me to my second point:

This movie doesn't bring anything significant to the MCU. Does this movie really reveal anything about the future of the MCU, except for the fact that Yelena Bellova is going to join Val's covert government owned Avengers? (Florence Pugh did amazing in her role, don't get me wrong). I mean, honestly, without this movie, the MCU would've fared so much better, and wouldn't have risked so many bad ratings like this one.

Furthermore, this movie is just another one of those feminist-appealing ones. I mean, I get it, BW is a cool character and all, but don't forget she is still a human with no sort of superpowers at all. I'm pretty sure that the directors and screen writers ignored this fact when they made her SURVIVE A FREAKIN HUNDRED-SOMETHING DROP, and strike a pose when she landed. This is impossible for a normal human to accomplish, so I feel like they indirectly and incorrectly attempted to show that woman are super strong.

Finally, I'll end this rant with my most annoying gripe with this movie: the gender swapping of Taskmaster. In the comics, Tony Masters, is Taskmaster, who is a man by the way. For some stupid reason, they made Taskmaster a woman, with the most dumb backstory. Like, two years ago, she was a little kid, and now she's the exact same age as BW. Like, why??? Save yourself the hassle of trying to explain all these plot-holes by making the character true to itself, MCU. I, as a Taskmaster fan, felt incredibly robbed of my time after finding out it wasn't Tony Masters who was Taskmaster, but instead a character who doesn't have any influence on the MCU at all. Absolutely horrendous, in my opinion. They better bring Taskmaster back the correct way, or these movies will just keep getting worse. I mean, there are so many other African American actors out there (Tony Masters is African American), and you just had to choose some obscure person. I was okay with gender swapping for Eternals, because I didn't really care about any of those characters, but this is just too far of a step into feminist territory for Marvel.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
What is was, really, was a waste of time.

Firstly, the movie didn't give what we expected, which was at least a rundown of the events in BW's life leading up to her time with the Avengers. Instead, it just gave us some backstory about what she was doing during the period between Civil War and Infinity War, which, in my frank opinion, is irrelevant. This leads me to my second point:

This movie doesn't bring anything significant to the MCU. Does this movie really reveal anything about the future of the MCU, except for the fact that Yelena Bellova is going to join Val's covert government owned Avengers? (Florence Pugh did amazing in her role, don't get me wrong). I mean, honestly, without this movie, the MCU would've fared so much better, and wouldn't have risked so many bad ratings like this one.

Furthermore, this movie is just another one of those feminist-appealing ones. I mean, I get it, BW is a cool character and all, but don't forget she is still a human with no sort of superpowers at all. I'm pretty sure that the directors and screen writers ignored this fact when they made her SURVIVE A FREAKIN HUNDRED-SOMETHING DROP, and strike a pose when she landed. This is impossible for a normal human to accomplish, so I feel like they indirectly and incorrectly attempted to show that woman are super strong.

Finally, I'll end this rant with my most annoying gripe with this movie: the gender swapping of Taskmaster. In the comics, Tony Masters, is Taskmaster, who is a man by the way. For some stupid reason, they made Taskmaster a woman, with the most dumb backstory. Like, two years ago, she was a little kid, and now she's the exact same age as BW. Like, why??? Save yourself the hassle of trying to explain all these plot-holes by making the character true to itself, MCU. I, as a Taskmaster fan, felt incredibly robbed of my time after finding out it wasn't Tony Masters who was Taskmaster, but instead a character who doesn't have any influence on the MCU at all. Absolutely horrendous, in my opinion. They better bring Taskmaster back the correct way, or these movies will just keep getting worse. I mean, there are so many other African American actors out there (Tony Masters is African American), and you just had to choose some obscure person. I was okay with gender swapping for Eternals, because I didn't really care about any of those characters, but this is just too far of a step into feminist territory for Marvel.

So sounds like a cop out just to get a movie on the character?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I didn't see this coming. Scarlet Johansson is suing Disney & quit Marvel.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Don't blame her. The studios want to include streaming revenue so that the movie does not appear to be a bomb, but not when it comes to sharing with the talent.

I feel like that was a terrible move on Disney's part. She's been loyal to the franchise because she's been doing it since Iron Man 2. That makes her a veteran. Scarlet did a great job in every MCU film she starred in and I feel like they could have done way more with her because of her popularity. But they decided to go behind her back and rip her off. So I don't know why they'd want to mess with the work horse.