Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Discord Bots

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not sure how many people here use Discord but there are these automated bots that you can add for servers that can do specific things. And that is what I am looking into right now. The plan is to use Python to build a bot and just see where it goes.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I've not tried building one; but, I've seen the plethora of bots that exist. It'd be cool if you built a decent RPG or monster-hunter themed one. Or even a decent army system would be fun, bring back the fun days of the elves, dwarves, humans, etc.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$439
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I built an auto-role bot for a server i'm in and it's not that hard to build one. The problem starts when you have to leave your pc turned on forever or else a group of fanatics will be angry.

What do you have in mind? i can help you out.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The plan is to build some sort of business management game. I've watched a few videos and read a few tutorials so I have the basics down. Looking forward to learning a bit more to make it more complex.

I'm using PebbleHost for the bot so that I don't have to keep my laptop on forever lol. It's just easier to manage and allows me to easily connect the bot to a database

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I have played around with Twitch bots and discord bots, never made my own but there are sites and places to go where you can make and code your own bot :) Nowadays it's easy to go with bots like MEE6. But there are 1000s and 100K of bots and still growing that does anything.

When it comes to hosting your own bot servers you do need to keep the bot online, so having a set server going would help. My DIscord bots are bots that I go and find what I want the add them.

Ash, why need to get one going if you can google a bot that might do what you are after?

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
We have some generic one in our admin group chat but that's basically it. I've not looked into making my own since I've not thought of any way it could be useful.
On other servers I have seen more bots, the Natural Selection 2 channel has some unique ones that let you fetch your current Hive Skill and such.

catlulu

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$562
Winbux
$0.00
Coding on Python is my job, and I have created bots in the past.
If you are familiar with programming building bot is gonna be easy even if you don't know Python, but your code can be bad and precarious
If you have enough time and motivation of course you can try to create one, i can recommend you to use PyCharm as an IDE.
Feel free to ask me something about bots, also i can help you with building it and i can even make bot for you - i don't have to work this summer, so i have a lot of free time.

kokushibo

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,395
Winbux
$0.00
I actually am developing my own bot for certain tasks such as moderation and games. The games it has will be slots so people can earn currency by posting and being apart of the community and spend those coins on the slots to try becoming super rich. There won't be ranks though with it as I don't want there to be a visual status thing above others.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I actually am developing my own bot for certain tasks such as moderation and games. The games it has will be slots so people can earn currency by posting and being apart of the community and spend those coins on the slots to try becoming super rich. There won't be ranks though with it as I don't want there to be a visual status thing above others.
So If I say to make a bot that's linked to DayZ then you can do it? stats of what I have been doing in the game?