Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Have you ever lost a friend?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
If so, what happened? I’ve lost several throughout these years. Not to death mind you. Sometimes people just part ways through no fault of anybody. People change, they grow. What has worked before no longer is working now. I do try to treasure what we had & focus on those parts instead of dwelling on the should’ve’s that tend to go round & round in our heads afterwards.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have lost contact with a good friend we have just drifted apart, I haven't spoken to her for about 18 months.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Some by death, and some just faded away in time. I try not to sound very dramatic but it hurts sometimes to be left alone :(

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yes, I've lost what I thought was a close friend in the fall of last year.

I was going through a really rough patch with my grandma diagnosed with a terminal condition and was hoping they would be supportive. Instead, I felt emotionally vindicated because they seemed to be more concerned with what was going on in their own life, which is fair. Then they proceeded to lie about wanting to get together and hang out, going on and on about how she didn't want to be around guys after her last relationship experience ended badly. Then I found out through her social media (she was quickly becoming one of those who was succumbing to society influence for tiktok) on snapchat that she was in a relationship. I confronted her about it and called her out on the hypocrisy of her statements.

She proceeded to tell me that her relationship status was her business and I said, yeah, I get that. I was more upset about the blatant lying.

So I told her I don't need her shit in my life and wished her the best.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I quit talking to a lot of my friends. I just didn't feel like those friendships were healthy to me. I got tired of being lied to or thrown under the bus over petty stuff. Like how my former best friend slept with my girlfriend and neither one of them didn't tell me about it until she confessed and broke up with me over the phone. That caused me to have trust issues for a very long time.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Just found out last night that one of my fiends from high school was killed in an auto accident. :(

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Just found out last night that one of my fiends from high school was killed in an auto accident. :(
That's tragic, I'm sorry for your loss.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It's always tragic when someone passes from non-natural means.