Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How many staff do you have?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
How many staff do you have working on your community or website? What went into the decision to onboard that number? What are their roles/positions?

At DH, we have 3 staff members. 2 Admins (@Ash and myself) and 1 Moderator (@Jordan ) . Ash is the popular/technical guy for the site while I am more "community focused". Jordan is also a technical guy, who is working on getting an offering together that we hope we can bring to the community soon!

What does the staff structure look like on your site?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
We have two staff ranks at the moment which are Administrators and Moderators. I'm the only team member but when the forum expands, I'll be hiring some more staff to assist me. There's no point in having volunteers on a community which has just been launched!

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
How do you determine when it is time to add another staff member?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
When enough people are active to call for it.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I have four roles of people at the moment. Yet that being said two aren't that active or do anything anyways. So I'm running the show as the owner, I just do front and back and deal with just about anything, One mod, she only posts content, secondary management who is never online and lastly developer role who is doing a very great super job so far that I'm happy that he can be apart of it :) even if it's a contract paid job LOL

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have four roles of people at the moment. Yet that being said two aren't that active or do anything anyways. So I'm running the show as the owner, I just do front and back and deal with just about anything, One mod, she only posts content, secondary management who is never online and lastly developer role who is doing a very great super job so far that I'm happy that he can be apart of it :) even if it's a contract paid job LOL
It's good to hear that you're happy with the developer :p. If the other staff member aren't active, why not remove them from the team? You could potentially hire some one else to take over or just not take on anyway.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
It's good to hear that you're happy with the developer :p. If the other staff member aren't active, why not remove them from the team? You could potentially hire some one else to take over or just not take on anyway.

I can do it to one other person yeah, As for the management, LONG STORY. Started back from 5 years ago.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I can do it to one other person yeah, As for the management, LONG STORY. Started back from 5 years ago.
Uhoh...sounds like someone got grandfathered into a deal :p .

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Just me and a friend right now co-adminning RTS. My new project is still under development; but, I'll probably only need one or two staff members to get it off the ground.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Hmm, maybe that I don't know myself Well, then again I don't even speak to him anymore and It's my part to blame
gotcha. Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Right now, it's just me. My forum isn't so big that I can't manage at the moment. I'd like to hire a moderator or two but I'm saving that for when the forum grows.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Normally an admin and a moderator will do for a small active community. I think the best way to get staff is find members that are really passionate about your forum. They act as your loyalists. They love the forum so much they want to help police it and be apart of a bigger picture. Nothing wrong with it. I always felt prideful as a moderator or co admin. It felt like an achievement.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Normally an admin and a moderator will do for a small active community. I think the best way to get staff is find members that are really passionate about your forum. They act as your loyalists. They love the forum so much they want to help police it and be apart of a bigger picture. Nothing wrong with it. I always felt prideful as a moderator or co admin. It felt like an achievement.

I kind of actually agree with this. I fell it is an achievement if you get on a community as a mod or co-admin. It means that person has some serious trust in you, especially if you make it to admin.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Right now since my community is small there's only myself and one other moderator, Naiwen. Once I get around another 5 or 10 more members I might consider adding another staff member. For now I think we're doing fine with just one admin and one moderator.