Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How often do you do computer maintenance?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I know that I should put more effort into cleaning up my computer regularly but I honestly can't recall the last time I've discarded unwanted files, clear my cache, etc. What do you do for computer maintenance and how often do you do it?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I discard unwanted files, clear my cache, etc. every 3 - 6 months. Probably should be doing it more often but I just don't remember to do it.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
My desktop gets more maintenance than my laptop. Meaning it gets cleaned once from dust, keeping the fans clear so that they can spine full max when doing heavy things.

Software gets updated when there is an update.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I'll replace the coolant in my water loop every 6 months, do a full strip down & block clean every year. I just do OS cleanup stuff whenever I remember to, which is every couple of months.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Every 6 months. That includes thermal paste changes and overall cleaning. Less than that will make me feel really obsessed with it.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I hadn't even thought about hardware maintenance until you guys mentioned it! I can't remember the last time I turned on my desktop computer. I probably need to give it a really good dusting before powering it on.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I had software for taking on malware, viruses, doing tune-ups. However, lately I've been strapped for cash. However, after using a short free trial of anti-malware software, my computer is running good as of now.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not often, to be honest. When I remember to, I'll use the disk cleanup thing to get rid of some old and unused files. I usually avoid keeping things I don't use on my laptop so it's not something I need to do all the time