Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Marijuana: Should it be legal?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Incase you didn't know, I live in Canada. Marijuana is legal across the country (some common sense laws exist of course).

However you can legally only purchase it via government approved shops which are not cheap, but you can legally walk down the sidewalk smoking a joint.
Do you (or have you) ever toked the Devil's grass?
Do you feel it should be legal/illegal?

Let's see where this takes us...

Personally, I smoke it, I do so respectfully of others, and this is my one vice. I do not smoke cigarettes, do not drink, but I do enjoy sitting outside when the weather is nice with my bong and a few nuggs. Take me to my happy place :D.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I'm against cannabis being legalised. It's an addicting class B drug. Weighing up the positives and negatives of this drug is difficult although in my opinion, it's just not worth taking any risks when it comes to our health.

Below are some points as to why I'm against it:

1. Cannabis may make you feel drowsy or sick
  2. Your memory may be negatively impacted.
  3. Over time, your mental health could deteriorate
  4. It obstructs your ability to operate machinery safely.
  5. Cannabis is expensive and extremely costly.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I'm against cannabis being legalised. It's an addicting class B drug. Weighing up the positives and negatives of this drug is difficult although in my opinion, it's just not worth taking any risks when it comes to our health.

I see your reasons, but those things can also be said about a lot of things that are currently legal and have even worse implications (i.e. alcohol). I do not believe that it is addictive, but then again anything can be "addictive".

I personally think that your thoughts on it are a little biased and one-sided, but you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

It is honestly not that expensive personally. It is easy to be fooled though, especially with all of the different "strains". You just gotta know what you are looking for lol.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I won't be doing it regardless if it's legal or not. Just my personal choice, I'm sorry.

I believe using it alters your mental state to the point that you can't do normal everything things, especially if used in a high disage. Plus, I don't want to have my mind altered to the point that I can't function normally. I'm a female and I've heard so many stories about people taking advantage of someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Totally get that. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak.

Would you support legislation IF it were being considered for legalization?

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Only for medicinal use imo.

It's addictive and has side effects like increased risk of heart attack, reduced spatial awareness, etc. Plus it's often a gateway drug.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
Incase you didn't know, I live in Canada. Marijuana is legal across the country (some common sense laws exist of course).

However you can legally only purchase it via government approved shops which are not cheap, but you can legally walk down the sidewalk smoking a joint.
Do you (or have you) ever toked the Devil's grass?
Do you feel it should be legal/illegal?

Let's see where this takes us...

Personally, I smoke it, I do so respectfully of others, and this is my one vice. I do not smoke cigarettes, do not drink, but I do enjoy sitting outside when the weather is nice with my bong and a few nuggs. Take me to my happy place :D.
Marijuana is not really good , as it is with cigarette .
The fact that the government of Canada allows it does not make it good , after all cigarette is allow in almost all the countries , yet it comes with a label that smokers are liable to dir young .
I think that , if they can monitor the use of marijuana to avoid under age using it , it won't be OK , if it is legalised .

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
I don't see anything wrong with marijuana to be honest. I've smoked it, though I prefer edibles. As someone with some notable health issues including spinal damage and migraines, I've used marijuana for medicinal reasons. But personally, I think the way the medical marijuana system works, at least in my area, is garbage. It's made expensive and difficult to keep it from really being used. Seeing a doctor licensed to prescribe it tends to cost hundreds of dollars uncovered by insurance, from what I'm aware, and then there's buying the marijuana itself. I think it should be simply legalized, because while it has its downfalls, it's a lot safer than other things that are legal on the streets... And it can do a lot of good for a lot of people, in my opinion, if we get rid of the current system in favor of a better one.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
These are some great opinions!

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
Here is the UK it’s still illegal but I’d vote for it to be legalised. It’s a plant, Mother Nature provides and who are we to say that Mother Nature is wrong?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Here is the UK it’s still illegal but I’d vote for it to be legalised. It’s a plant, Mother Nature provides and who are we to say that Mother Nature is wrong?

Cannabis and CBD Oils are legally permitted on prescription for a wide range of long term health issues. Read this article posted on BBC news. I somewhat agree with what you're saying, marijuana came from planet earth!

Kik

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
I live in Canada so it's already legal here, but yes I believe it should be legal everywhere with the same/similar restrictions that alcohol has.

I smoke it, usually at night and on my own since it helps me relax and with my back pain.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
Personally, I can't stand the stuff. And I get the concerns around mental health issues and the like. But all in all it is rare that cannabis kills anyone. I can't think of a single recorded incident of overdose. Certainly driving under the influence is dangerous but as a group of people sharing a joint; where's the harm?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Personally, I can't stand the stuff. And I get the concerns around mental health issues and the like. But all in all it is rare that cannabis kills anyone. I can't think of a single recorded incident of overdose. Certainly driving under the influence is dangerous but as a group of people sharing a joint; where's the harm?

I concur with what you said. Cannabis can also be used to treat many illnesses such as Epilepsy, Cancer, Pain, and many more conditions. Driving under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol is foolish and puts other people's lives in danger. If the government was to legalize the use of weed, people should be trusted to make the right decision.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00

Cannabis and CBD Oils are legally permitted on prescription for a wide range of long term health issues. Read this article posted on BBC news. I somewhat agree with what you're saying, marijuana came from planet earth!

Sooo....you would support it @Alexander ?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Against the stuff.

I don't care if others use it or want to use it. Right now it is only being considered legalized on a state-by-state basis; but, if you cross one state line into another, you're now carrying and in possession illegally. Is it really worth the hassle when most businesses regularly test for drug use?

While I've heard it can help a lot of people with pain issues (which I support, especially late stage cancer) and has some loose medical documentation supporting it's reduction of epileptic seizures, I still don't want to chance what it could do to my body.

Plus the stuff smells horrible and clings to your clothing.

T

Taylor

I am for the side that would love to have it legalized.

Why should we be able to be sold alcohol that does more and way worse things to our body (weed doesn't even really negatively effect anyone...) but not something like this?

Sooner or later it will be legalized in every state and I really can't wait for that. I actually have a dream/ambition to start a dispensary that grows it's own everything as a side thing when it finally is legal here in my state.

I also can't wait to not have to worry about accidentally having it on my person one day when I leave my house (never have it on my person at all) or even being able to walk down the street smoking a blunt (visited Denver and that was actually a surreal experience).

In my opinion if people were more properly educated on marijuana to a better point of understanding they wouldn't feel so negatively against it at all.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I am for the side that would love to have it legalized.

Why should we be able to be sold alcohol that does more and way worse things to our body (weed doesn't even really negatively effect anyone...) but not something like this?

Sooner or later it will be legalized in every state and I really can't wait for that. I actually have a dream/ambition to start a dispensary that grows it's own everything as a side thing when it finally is legal here in my state.

I also can't wait to not have to worry about accidentally having it on my person one day when I leave my house (never have it on my person at all) or even being able to walk down the street smoking a blunt (visited Denver and that was actually a surreal experience).

In my opinion if people were more properly educated on marijuana to a better point of understanding they wouldn't feel so negatively against it at all.

What about people that don't want to smell it or be exposed to it because their jobs could be jeopardized by the smell on their clothing? I understand people want it legalized and sure, that's fine and dandy; but, there has to be lines drawn to where people can and cannot smoke it so that those of us, like me, who don't want to smell or be exposed to it can go.