Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Monogamy or non-monogamy?

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
What are your thoughts on monogamy or non-monogamy relationships? Have you ever tried one or the other?

To me, many people seem to prefer monogamous relationships and the latter can even cause many issues. I guess you need a lot of trust and communication, and to be into it if you want to have non-monogamous relationships.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Monogamy for me for sure.

Came across this girl on a dating app who was married and had a girlfriend. I asked her how that worked out of sheer curiosity and she said it worked fine because her husband worked out of state a lot and it gave her someone to spend time with. She didn't seem to mind talking too much about it. She was also looking to add another guy to mix.

It's not an uncommon thing in some eastern cultures; but, I think a lot of the western world was raised around the concept of one man and one woman or a partnership of two for the non-heterosexual couples.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I don't care if consenting people do it but I do think it's liable to not work out well over time. Jealousy is bound to rear it's ugly head sooner or later.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I don't care if consenting people do it but I do think it's liable to not work out well over time. Jealousy is bound to rear it's ugly head sooner or later.
This is my thinking exactly. I prefer the monogamous route just to prevent the "hurt feelings' and jealousy.

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
Monogamy, definitely. I'd rather know that I have someone's full attention than fight for several people's attention. Plus I am a lot to handle and I only know of 1 person, besides my family, that can handle me which is my husband. hahahahaha

Aeowulf

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
aeowulf.com
Hubux
$961
Winbux
$0.00
Both can work depending on the people in the relationship. I exhibit very little jealousy so I think a non-monogamous relationship would work for me. My wife... SUPER jealous. Couldn't do it. So... we're monogamous. :p

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$774
Winbux
$0.00
I'm all for monogamy in a relationship. I may have been faithful, but every woman I've been with couldn't keep it in their pants. However that hasn't stopped women from seeing other men and lying about it to my face. So, it must be a me problem seeing as I just pick the wrong women.

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Monogamy for me. I like to be. in a one man one woman relationship. Any other thing for me will just be chaos and I detest such

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
Definitely monogamy for me. A relationship involving multiple partners would be chaotic and complicated.