Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The most entertaining sport

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What is the most entertaining sport to watch in your opinion?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I do not like many sports events anyway and so I say...

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Nickelodeon

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Basketball, Football, Tennis.

Basketball because you constantly see players doing great moves all the times, just one fluke will not make you win the game.

Football because we have it in our blood, means a lot to the people in this part of the world (southamerica) but simulating fouls and crap like that definitely sickens this sport and that's why it's in this ranking spot for me.

Tennis: Amazing sport, so elegant!, i wish i knew how to play. I enjoyed players like Gaudio, Nadal, Sampras, Federer!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
UFC. Also, hockey...the sport that incorporates something from every other sport.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Ruby or football (by which I mean soccer not American football - that seems very stop-starty to me).

Team sports are more entertaining to watch than individual sports in my opinion because you get to watch more emotions and interactions.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Has to be football for me. The whole of the UK is gripped by it and we all passionately follow our clubs. I don't think I could ever watch another sport as closely. Other than football, I would probably go for American Football.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Has to be football for me. The whole of the UK is gripped by it and we all passionately follow our clubs. I don't think I could ever watch another sport as closely. Other than football, I would probably go for American Football.

No Russian slap contests? :cry:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Russian slap contests
Did you know the peesly amount you get as the winner?

How much does slap fighting pay?

In total ten men braved the competition, slapping for a prize pool of 50,000 Roubles (700 USD). The best man wins – and today first place and a prize of 25,000 (350 USD) Roubles goes to Anatoliy Galushka, Galushka, like most of the competitors, is not a professional sportsman.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Is this an actual thing??

I thought you were joking until I watched that video, the fat guy in the blue jumper almost blows people's heads off.
LOL Yes. Here are the rules on the contest. :LOL:

" The contestants in a slap fighting contest wear no special equipment – no gloves and no helmets (obviously). To maintain balance after being slapped, competitors (usually) hold on to a stand (some of these are sturdier than others) that has been placed between them – although many require assistance to stay on their feet after being struck.

And there are rules, at least in the Russian form of the sport. Only the upper part of the palm can be used to strike only the cheek, without touching the jaw, temple or ear of the opponent – if you hit those, it’s a foul. Evading the slap (including merely flinching to one side) is also a foul. So is using any part of your hand other than the upper part of the palm. If a competitor commits two fouls, he loses the match.

Each man gets five slaps at his opponent. Assuming there are no fouls, a judge decides who fared better, and the winner proceeds to the next round. Occasionally, both contestants split the prize if neither has committed a foul and both have done well in the view of the judge.

And yes, medics are on standby – and they are often needed to clean up wounds, revive unconscious patients and make the decision that someone has sustained an injury too severe to allow them to continue (no matter what the contestant might think)."

Not for me lol. I've seen a few videos and it's hilarious but not a "sport" I ever want to watch or take part in.

lol it's funny to see them smack each other back and forth. I discovered it on Youtube a few years ago. I saw two guys taking turns slapping the shit out of each other and I just started cracking up and giggling. :ROFLMAO:

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Anyone want to try the sport of Zorbing?

It doesn't look like so much of a competitive sport to be honest, how do you win or lose, and do you have any control over the thing once you are rolling?

If not then surely it is just the fattest and heaviest person who wins because heavy things roll down hills faster - gravity innit :)