Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Trick-or-Treating

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
1.) Did you go trick or treating as a child? Can you remember what you dressed up as?
2.) Would you let your children go trick or treating without adult supervision? Why or why not?
3.) If some kids come to your house on Halloween, and you don’t give them any candy, what do you think they might do to you or your house?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
1.) No.
2.) Not a traditional thing round here, but if my kids want to do it, it'll be just inside home.
3.) No one ever did that before.

Sadly, no Halloween for us :(

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
1.) Did you go trick or treating as a child? Can you remember what you dressed up as?
Yes, I did several times as a child. The costume I remember the most was wearing a white power ranger costume.
2.) Would you let your children go trick or treating without adult supervision? Why or why not?
No, I would require them to have adult supervision. Too many child abductions going on today.

3.) If some kids come to your house on Halloween, and you don’t give them any candy, what do you think they might do to you or your house?
Skip it, complain or egg it.

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
For me, I don't have the excuse that I'm Christian and that's why I don't do Halloween or go out. My view are those of an atheist and you'd think I'd have every reason to want to go trick or treating but I don't. I don't go out because some people are horrible and I learned at an early age that I definitely don't want to go to their homes.

I quit wanting to trick or treat when I was 11. I became more aware of people as I got older. As some young kids are oblivious to how shitty some people are.

I realized that some of the people who were handing out candy were very very rude. Either they'd comment how stupid some of the kids looked and some guy commented that we didn't need the costumes. We were all fugly enough without them. The guy at the door told some little girl that she needed to wear her mask for the rest of her life and if she took it off no one would want to look at her. One lady was bitching at the kids who had no manners and told me that I was welcome in a very rude tone of voice before I could say thank you to her for handing me candy. I decided then that was enough. Another lady forgot to turn off her light, told us she was out of candy and to fuck off.

Yeah, I really wanna go out on Halloween, walk up to some prick's door and get insulted or have my kids insulted. Maybe they were joking, I didn't think it was very funny. I was taught to have better etiquette then what I was getting out of these people. Or maybe on Halloween people are allowed to be assholes. Is that a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
For me, I don't have the excuse that I'm Christian and that's why I don't do Halloween or go out. My view are those of an atheist and you'd think I'd have every reason to want to go trick or treating but I don't. I don't go out because some people are horrible and I learned at an early age that I definitely don't want to go to their homes.

I quit wanting to trick or treat when I was 11. I became more aware of people as I got older. As some young kids are oblivious to how shitty some people are.

I realized that some of the people who were handing out candy were very very rude. Either they'd comment how stupid some of the kids looked and some guy commented that we didn't need the costumes. We were all fugly enough without them. The guy at the door told some little girl that she needed to wear her mask for the rest of her life and if she took it off no one would want to look at her. One lady was bitching at the kids who had no manners and told me that I was welcome in a very rude tone of voice before I could say thank you to her for handing me candy. I decided then that was enough. Another lady forgot to turn off her light, told us she was out of candy and to fuck off.

Yeah, I really wanna go out on Halloween, walk up to some prick's door and get insulted or have my kids insulted. Maybe they were joking, I didn't think it was very funny. I was taught to have better etiquette then what I was getting out of these people. Or maybe on Halloween people are allowed to be assholes. Is that a thing?
I can't help that you have had bad experiences. I would still recommend at least letting your kids have the chance to enjoy the experience for themselves once or twice and let them decide. They may feel the same way as you and decide that it isn't worth it to continue going out.

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
I would still recommend at least letting your kids have the chance to enjoy the experience for themselves once or twice and let them decide.

I intend to. They're wanting to go to their grandmother's (on their mother's side) on Halloween. They have 3 days off from school and they really want to go.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
I intend to. They're wanting to go to their grandmother's (on their mother's side) on Halloween. They have 3 days off from school and they really want to go.
It's really hard (i think) as a parent to do this, you don't wanna feel guilty by letting your kids go to the same as you. Every day the world is getting weirder so i don't really blame that you act this way.

Also i don't have kids so i don't really feel that i'm the one that should give you any tips.

As i grow older i wanna do stuff that i should have done as a kid haha

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It's really hard (i think) as a parent to do this, you don't wanna feel guilty by letting your kids go to the same as you. Every day the world is getting weirder so i don't really blame that you act this way.

Also i don't have kids so i don't really feel that i'm the one that should give you any tips.

As i grow older i wanna do stuff that i should have done as a kid haha
It's ironic how that works, right? All of the stuff that you lifted your chin at or scoffed at, suddenly seems amusing or desirable as you get older to the point that you want to try it, if only once just to say that you did.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I don't want to say that it is not as popular over here in the UK but not every house will be participating in trick or treating. It usually means that you might get a few houses in one street and then have to walk for a bit to find another one which is not great.

I've never been trick or treating when I was younger but my younger sister does it. That usually means I get some of her chocolate which is nice

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$434
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
I don't want to say that it is not as popular over here in the UK but not every house will be participating in trick or treating. It usually means that you might get a few houses in one street and then have to walk for a bit to find another one which is not great.

I've never been trick or treating when I was younger but my younger sister does it. That usually means I get some of her chocolate which is nice

Yeah, same over here but i do have friends that do it and always grab some of their leftovers :p